Evolve Alpha thread! Emails sent out get your code!

Viewing single post

Started by 7H3, Oct 12, 2014, 02:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Actually got to try it at my friend's place on his X1. They seemed to have shifted the balancing considerably. The monster is now much more dangerous. A stage 1 kraken layed waste to us. The goliath is nearly unstoppable at stage 3. The hunters now absolutely must communicate and coordinate unless you're in a very good group that just knows what to do. Trappers have to slow them down. Medics need to be on top of healing. Support must properly time their abilities. Assault needs to be as close to the monster as necessary and pressuring it to focus on them. The hunters did not win a single match I played. The monster either always managed to evade us and get to stage 3 which then ended up being a slaughter or, in the case of the one time I fought a kraken, blew us up from the air where most of our abilities and weapons were useless. The visuals are really good. Sadly, everything in the game happens so fast or is causing you to constantly have a sense of urgency so you never really have much time to appreciate the details or the monsters you fight. The maps are rather small but that's to be expected considering the gameplay. However, some maps feel not only small but also very confined. Those can be a serious pain. There seems to be only one objective type so hopefully more will be added. This is probably going to be one of those games where playing with friends is a blast but playing with random people makes you hate it.