Weekly Update #140

Started by The Machine, Nov 02, 2018, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

The Machine

Hello,

It's Friday! Here are the top ten topics from the past week that you most likely didn't see.

Do you like spooky games?
Views: 21

Medievil Remake
Views: 37

Hideo Kojima visits Valve, takes pic with GabeN
Views: 38

It's happening: Sunset Overdrive for PC rated by the ESRB
Views: 43

In general, how popular are your gaming opinions?
Views: 45

Which old games have yet to be beaten?
Views: 58

HTC praise L.A. Noire VR, tease Rockstar Games is working on VR game for HTC Vive
Views: 65

Metro 2033 free to keep on Steam
Views: 70

IGN: Apple Says the New iPad Pro Is as Powerful as an Xbox One S
Views: 72

Bethesda posts most Bethesda tweet of all time, warns against touching PC client of Fallout 76 beta
Views: 77

The top poster of the past week was Xevross with 90 posts. This has earned them a ticket in the monthly raffle. the-Pi-guy was second with 87 posts and Legend was third with 70 posts.

The top thread starter of the past week was the-Pi-guy with 9 topics. This has earned them a ticket in the monthly raffle too.

Xevross received the most likes this week (51), and Legend liked the most things this week (47). They both get a ticket in the monthly raffle.

Dr. Pezus stole $472 this past week. For their thievery, they have also earned a raffle ticket.

There are currently 6929 topics on our forum. Only 71 left till we hit 7000!

I'll be back next week with with another thread.
Party March 29, 2024, 6:05:00 am

LOADING PARTY=26007.918%

Legend

7000 topics soon!

Xevross

7000 topics soon!
You can't cheat by posting the same topics twice!

Legend

You can't cheat by posting the same topics twice!
New week new topic.

Xevross

Legend

Xevross

That should have been #139. Fixed
Weird, the numbers are remarkably similar.

Legend

Weird, the numbers are remarkably similar.
It was 6 days late so...

Xevross

It was 6 days late so...
You couldn't get the stats for the correct 7 day period? :o

Legend

You couldn't get the stats for the correct 7 day period? :o
The machine doesn't work that way. It's a really simple script that uses the current time to figure out what to do.

the-pi-guy

Xevross

The machine doesn't work that way. It's a really simple script that uses the current time to figure out what to do.
Not much point in doing it two days in a row then :P

Legend

Not much point in doing it two days in a row then :P
Twas automated. Think of it like a pipe that was backed up. I removed the clog so then everything blocked behind the clog came out at the same time. Yesterday's weekly update had been stuck in the pipe for 6 days. Today's update is the new one since today is Friday.

But why?  
Yeah it was actually pretty interesting. A single daemon manages all of the scheduled bot tasks using a database. I tried backing up the server last Monday/Tuesday but the system ran out of storage. Everything was having issues for a few minutes until I deleted some files and made some space. What happened was the daemon attempted loading its database during that time and assumed the lack of results ment it wasn't needed. It thought it was doing the correct thing and thus I didn't have any error messages to tip me off about the glitch. I manually restarted it yesterday since I noticed the monthly update wasn't posted.