Good launch, good landing.

Legend

Legend

Legend

Legend

Another good landing

Legend

Legend

Tom Cruise movie in space set to launch in Oct. 2021.

Legend

TommyJ

I saw a thread here that it's a pity that OneWeb is gone.
But OneWeb is making a comeback this year thanks to a fair amount of investment. Do you think this company has a chance of success? Or are they already far behind the competition?
In general, what benefits can the global satellite Internet bring to humanity?

Legend

I saw a thread here that it's a pity that OneWeb is gone.
But OneWeb is making a comeback this year thanks to a fair amount of investment. Do you think this company has a chance of success? Or are they already far behind the competition?
In general, what benefits can the global satellite Internet bring to humanity?
I think OneWeb has a small chance but Starlink has such an advantage right now. Either it needs to have a massive set back or another company needs to be artificially propped up.

TommyJ

I think OneWeb has a small chance but Starlink has such an advantage right now. Either it needs to have a massive set back or another company needs to be artificially propped up.
Yet I think we are living in an amazing time.
By the way, I also read that the Russian Sphere project also wants to launch a global satellite Internet system.
But, if someone enters the market with their 6g networks before these 3 operators are fully deployed, then all these operators will not be needed.
But in any case, many projects will need launch vehicles to launch satellites. Probably the development of this market leads to the emergence of more and more space companies around the world.

Legend

SpaceX just failed a booster landing. First time in almost a year.

At least they didn't kill the seagulls. I'm not sure if they would have had time to fly away without getting hurt.

TommyJ

The network has information about an extremely unusual find of a Chinese lunar rover. As it turned out, he managed to find a very strange monolith on the surface of a natural satellite of the Earth. Scientists already have several versions about the origins of its appearance.
So, according to one version, a piece of stone appeared on the surface quite recently as a result of a rock split from a meteorite impact, writes Space.com. To call youth the reason for its appearance is an extremely logical move. After all, if the monolith were older, it would have long ago been sharpened as a result of many different processes taking place on the surface of the Moon.
To test the basic theory, scientists intend to bring the lunar rover close and use the VNIS spectrometer. With its help, experts will be able to determine the composition of the material. And if the researchers find out that the breed came to the satellite from the outside, then they will have a new goal - to look around the area and try to understand where it came from.

Go Up