Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kerotan

As we all know this is a very poor year for big Nintendo titles so far. It's really been selling well off the back of last years hype and handful of excellent games.

But i find it sad that most Nintendo fans can forgive this years line up because of 2 games. Pokemon which isn't even a mainline entry and smash which is an ultimate edition of a Wii u game.

If Sony pulled something like that in its year 2 it would be crucified. I know Nintendo fans probably own at least 1 other console but they really should be shouting at Nintendo from the rooftops. Unlike other years Nintendo only have 1 platform to support now. No excuse.

Legend

As we all know this is a very poor year for big Nintendo titles so far. It's really been selling well off the back of last years hype and handful of excellent games.

But i find it sad that most Nintendo fans can forgive this years line up because of 2 games. Pokemon which isn't even a mainline entry and smash which is an ultimate edition of a Wii u game.

If Sony pulled something like that in its year 2 it would be crucified. I know Nintendo fans probably own at least 1 other console but they really should be shouting at Nintendo from the rooftops. Unlike other years Nintendo only have 1 platform to support now. No excuse.
I hadn't really realised Switch was in an exclusives drought.

It's not that bad though. Switch has at least had some good Wii U ports.

darkknightkryta

It was Mario Party  and Tennis.  8)

Xevross

Really? It's been an awful year. I only bought 2 games on switch and I didn't really like one of those.

Cute Pikachu

Guys 2019 will be better
Fire Emblem 3 Houses
Yoshi Crafted World
Animal Crossing Switch
New Super Mario Bros U DX
Pokémon Gen 8
Luigi's Mansion 3
Dues Ex Machina
Once Smash Bros hits it'll be a good time.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

Really? It's been an awful year. I only bought 2 games on switch and I didn't really like one of those.
In comparison to PS4 and XB1 at that point in their lives it's only a bit worse.

Kerotan

Last gen ports are an easy cop out. And saying 2019 will be good is a bit premature. Games get easily delayed nowadays.

Xevross

In comparison to PS4 and XB1 at that point in their lives it's only a bit worse.
PS4 and XB1 had decent multiplats though, switch has barely any.
Guys 2019 will be better
Fire Emblem 3 Houses
Yoshi Crafted World
Animal Crossing Switch
New Super Mario Bros U DX
Pokémon Gen 8
Luigi's Mansion 3
Dues Ex Machina
Once Smash Bros hits it'll be a good time.
Oh yeah once Pokémon lands there's solid games coming to switch, just most of this year has been rough. I'm excited for next year.

darkknightkryta

I think new hardware is coming out a year after Smash anyways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so no need to worry.  Switch 2 will have your new Mario and Zelda games.

the-pi-guy

I think new hardware is coming out a year after Smash anyways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so no need to worry.  Switch 2 will have your new Mario and Zelda games.
New Nintendo Switch hardware coming next year, says WSJ - The Verge

Xevross

Hardly gonna be a Switch 2. If they make exclusives on the new system then that would be a horrible punch in the face and people would not be happy.

Legend

Smash direct 11/1!

darkknightkryta

Hardly gonna be a Switch 2. If they make exclusives on the new system then that would be a horrible punch in the face and people would not be happy.
How is that any different than every console and handheld released after the NES and GB?  Nintendo runs on 5 year timelines.  I don't see why this will be any different than the past.  I mean, 3DS came out with the DS still selling like hotcakes.  The DS came out 3 years after the GBA came out, and that managed to sell an average, close to 30 million units a year.  The Wii was the only console they sort of held onto, and its successor came out what, 6 years after?

the-pi-guy

How is that any different than every console and handheld released after the NES and GB?  Nintendo runs on 5 year timelines.  
:o
The Nintendo Switch came out last year.
A successor coming a year after Smash would only be 2.5 years, not 5.  

darkknightkryta

:o
The Nintendo Switch came out last year.
A successor coming a year after Smash would only be 2.5 years, not 5.  
Did I say a year after Smash?  Seriously, I don't remember.

Go Up