Life on Venus is dead

Started by Legend, Jan 28, 2021, 12:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

darkknightkryta

Crazy how Venus used to be earth like hundreds of millions of years ago.

kitler53

in then next 100 years humans fleeing the now destroyed earth will figure out how to resettle on old venus via a 1-way time machine.   i don't want to spoil the ending for you but i mean,.. you can see how iced up venus is.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Same with Mars. We're so incredibly lucky that Earth was stable enough long enough for life to work out.

Funnily enough though, the greatest mass extinction was caused by runaway oxygen.
in then next 100 years humans fleeing the now destroyed earth will figure out how to resettle on old venus via a 1-way time machine.   i don't want to spoil the ending for you but i mean,.. you can see how iced up venus is.
Venus suffered from runaway greenhouse gasses and became a physical manifestation of hell, yet some humans still deny the same thing could happen to Earth.

darkknightkryta

Same with Mars. We're so incredibly lucky that Earth was stable enough long enough for life to work out.

Funnily enough though, the greatest mass extinction was caused by runaway oxygen.Venus suffered from runaway greenhouse gasses and became a physical manifestation of hell, yet some humans still deny the same thing could happen to Earth.
The younger me took Venus as the reason why this green house gas stuff isn't fake news.

SpaceJac

We're still alive, and it's great. But the more I think about Venus' climate changer, the more I realize that the same could happen to Earth. And this fact is disappointing enough.  I hope it won't occur in the coming decade because I want to see how humans set foot on Mars.

SWORDF1SH

... long live life on Venus!

darkknightkryta

So in other news completely unrelated to Venus; my co-worker was telling me that they found more information on the polar shifts.  Turns out it could have happened last when pre-humans were running around.  Some cave paintings and stuff were showing that everything was being scorched.  Guess what's happening soon?!