The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

kitler53

HTC to announce Vive price at Mobile World Congress - NeoGAF

http://s-max.jp/archives/1686058.html
 Article in Japanese so someone might be able to provide better translation
 Seems HTC will announce the Vive price at MWC (22nd to 25th), then open up pre order online at their digital shop (29th).
 Japan confirmed as one of the countries where the product will launch first
 I think they have also acknowledged that high price will be an issue on install base penetration, and they said they have tried to revise the price tag so that the price gap with other VR hmds wont be too big.
clearly not a problem to have a large gap and be lower in price so this basically confirms a price above $600 and a big enough gap to be of concern.

$700 minimum.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

clearly not a problem to have a large gap and be lower in price so this basically confirms a price above $600 and a big enough gap to be of concern.

$700 minimum.
I say 799

Mmm_fish_tacos

DerNebel

Oh boy, lol.

Can Sony just finally come out and announce the PSVR price, I wanna see how much cheaper it will be.

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

@Legend  are you still going with the vive?
Possibly, but at these prices I'm really going to have to wait for reviews and reception.

the-pi-guy

Don't think I've seen this before.  

I can add a tiny bit of credibility to that. I work for a AAA game company and am a big VR evangelist there, things changed recently with our attitude to VR, something I am not happy about.
It's a long story and many reasons for it but the result is PSVR is now our primary VR platform and VR has a lot less focus than it had. So expect console ports to PC for VR also. :/
Some background, we already know from Sony the PSVR should have a street price at $299, tops is $349. I recall part of a meeting for me fighting for PC VR that went like this:
Me: We know console peripherals don't sell well and the price of the PSVR is very close to price of the Rift.
Snr Man: PSVR is Half
Me: All indications say the Rift is at most $100 more and PC gamers will pay it.
Snr Man: Those indications are wrong, Rift is at least $600 and could be more.
The senior management here are in a position to know far more than me, but I hope this is wrong still and it will be under $500.
secretlyacutekitten comments on Palmer Luckey tweetstorm: VR is expensive today, will be more affordable in the future

Dr. Pezus

Raven

the-pi-guy

Holy shame, I'm a prophet!
What are you thinking for PSVR?  

No. You're the messiah. Pezus Christ.
That works too well....  

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

What are you thinking for PSVR?  
That works too well....  
Hmm difficult with psvr because of the accessories. I'd say around 399 without move

Mmm_fish_tacos

Go Up