Cube Royale end of the year update

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Dec 21, 2017, 02:31 AM

previous topic - next topic

nnodley

Don't underestimate how long the release process could take. I have no idea what I'm doing and both America and Europe have slightly different rules. Certification itself could easily take 3 months of back and forth.

Are you planning to release on Steam? Nice to hear you're making progress. Menus freaking suck. I've slowly tortured myself into gaining experience with programing them, but I'm still very bad at making them visually pleasing.

8 months of development or 8 months between releases? See my problem is that I have so many games that are already in development and just need to be finished.
Yeah I'm just currently only planning on putting it on Steam.   I luckily found a good menu system on the unreal marketplace to buy that has everything already together.  The more I play around with it the more I understand how it works in unreal.  I did end up having to create my own collectible menu that would allow the player to go into the menu and look at collectibles they have found.   I'm not quite sure how to make some unlock while keeping others locked, but I'm sure I'll get it.  I've currently got a couple concept artist helping with some concepts of the some of the manmade objects/buildings so hopefully they can help on the menu side of things.  If anything I'll just try and take ideas of menus from games like TLOU, uncharted, horizon, etc. and hopefully getting something pleasing.  

And i'm hoping 8 months in between releases.  Now that I have some of the behind the scenes stuff done hopefully smaller games can go faster