PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Raven

Yeah, but it essentially devalues the PS Plus edition to demo status

Which is basically what it is in the first place. It's a big demo with the ability to play with other people using the full version and allowing you to get a Platinum Trophy as well. The communication on what the PS+ edition was supposed to be was bad back when Driveclub was supposed to be a launch title. I never honestly expected "most of the content" to be available to me for free and then having to pay $60 for the small remainder. That would have absolutely murdered the game's sales unless it was outrageously good. Even then the sales wouldn't be nearly as much. The problem, outside of bad communication, is that most people didn't even think. They just took something and ran with it like kids with scissors. Now someone got stabbed and they're blaming it on the company who made the scissors and didn't make them idiot proof even though they should have known better.

Dr. Pezus

Which is basically what it is in the first place. It's a big demo with the ability to play with other people using the full version and allowing you to get a Platinum Trophy as well. The communication on what the PS+ edition was supposed to be was bad back when Driveclub was supposed to be a launch title. I never honestly expected "most of the content" to be available to me for free and then having to pay $60 for the small remainder. That would have absolutely murdered the game's sales unless it was outrageously good. Even then the sales wouldn't be nearly as much. The problem, outside of bad communication, is that most people didn't even think. They just took something and ran with it like kids with scissors. Now someone got stabbed and they're blaming it on the company who made the scissors and didn't make them idiot proof even though they should have known better.

Yeah, but then they'd better have something else for Plus that month, too.

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Dr. Pezus

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

The upgrade does seem a bit worse than most people seemed to expect.

That's also a bit too spinny for my tastes. Or maybe he just misunderstood the question.

metric??? Dunno what that is supposed to mean

It was a poor joke

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

The upgrade does seem a bit worse than most people seemed to expect.

That's also a bit too spinny for my tastes. Or maybe he just misunderstood the question.
It was a poor joke

Yeah, that guy seems like a noob tbh. Of course they don't delete the content...but you lose access to it

Dr. Pezus

So Bound by Flame releasing two days from now. Any Metascore predictions?

7H3

They should just discount the game for ps+ users...
is bound by flame exclusive? if not then 8.6 if so then 7.4
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

They should just discount the game for ps+ users...
is bound by flame exclusive? if not then 8.6 if so then 7.4

Next-gen exclusive to PS4 lol. It's also on PS360PC

Dr. Pezus

Raven

I'm guessing around 75 for Bound by Flame

I'm actually wondering if the game is going to surprise us. There is almost no hype around it right now. Watch it be an awesome game.

Raven

Yeah, that guy seems like a noob tbh. Of course they don't delete the content...but you lose access to it

Yeah, I get the feeling this guy doesn't understand what people are saying. They need to come out and be crystal clear about how that works. You don't HAVE to buy the upgrade if you don't want to. You can try the PS+ edition and if you like it but don't want it tied down to your subscription you can buy the full digital version or pick it up at retail. I still don't think anyone should go for it anyways. It's a bad practice to reward. Nothing you pay that much for should no longer be accessible to you if your subscription runs out unless it was declared from the start that this game was online-only.

Go Up