PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

They honestly need the help for their games.  They are now up for acquisition as long as someone pays for 51% of their shares.  And I heard none of the big three are interested in doing it.  It's not good for capcom.

why would anyone be interested in them honestly? Resident Evil is now shame. Dead Rising never was and never will be a more than a half decent seller. Megaman is dead. the only really profitable franchise they have is Monster Hunter, and thats not worth buying Capcom for (specially if you are Microsoft). and its not like they pump quality tittle after quality tittle. Naughty Dog, Rockstar, many ubisoft devs (farcry team for example), from software and many other devs are just miles ahead of them when it comes to making great games. capcom just arent that big of a deal honestly.

nnodley

why would anyone be interested in them honestly? Resident Evil is now shame. Dead Rising never was and never will be a more than a half decent seller. Megaman is dead. the only really profitable franchise they have is Monster Hunter, and thats not worth buying Capcom for (specially if you are Microsoft). and its not like they pump quality tittle after quality tittle. Naughty Dog, Rockstar, many ubisoft devs (farcry team for example), from software and many other devs are just miles ahead of them when it comes to making great games. capcom just arent that big of a deal honestly.

Oh yeah I agree.  There is no reason for them to be interested.  They are definitely a sub-par developer/publisher.  I think if no one does it, then we probably won't see capcom too much longer.  Or they may pull through, who knows. 

the-pi-guy

Quote from: Career opportunity ad   http://www.playstationjobs.co.uk/vacancy/947-Software-Engineer&page=1

You will be working on development and maintenance of a suite of multimedia applications developed by SCEE R&D's Network Team.

The role involves design and implementation of new elements, or improvements to the application. This will involve gathering requirements from project stakeholders worldwide, as well as creating design documentation and implementation.

Xevross

the-pi-guy

Quote from: Scott Rohde http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/06/16/playstation-software-product-dev-head-scott-rohde-is-very-excited-about-upcoming-sony-santa-monica-project/

I am as excited as ever about what Naughty Dog is doing now and in the future. Santa Monica - same thing. As you can imagine, in my role I'm at those studios all the time. I was just there a couple of weeks ago reviewing their latest work on some of the games that you've seen and some that you haven't, and I'm very excited about it.

the-pi-guy

And in English that means?

Development of multimedia suite.  More than likely muisc player on PS4 or something to that extent. 

7H3

capcom just failed at so many things past gen... they could have updated megaman... could have updated street fighter beyond micro transactions...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Xevross

Development of multimedia suite.  More than likely muisc player on PS4 or something to that extent.

Cool beans!

darkknightkryta

capcom just failed at so many things past gen... they could have updated megaman... could have updated street fighter beyond micro transactions...

Street Fighter wasn't really an issue, I mean, you don't have to buy those costumes.  Street Fighter X Tekken they screwed up with though.  Not sure what they could have done with Mega Man to be honest.  That Maverick Hunter FPS might have been an answer, though I would have enjoyed it as a 3rd person action/shooter game.  Mega Man Legends 3 could also have been an answer, though a proper Skyrim/Zelda style game like the first one was like.  Though supposedly Sony owns the console rights to Mega Man Legends and a 3DS title would have been their option.  Though I don't think Capcom is happy with their handheld sales outside of Monster Hunter so that title is a throw away.

ethomaz

BOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMB!!!

ethomaz

FULL 30 minutes... OMG!

7H3

Riderz1337

So annoyed that they are charging 70$ in Canada for games now...Such battleship. At least give me digital titles for 60$
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

BananaKing

7H3

So annoyed that they are charging 70$ in Canada for games now...Such battleship. At least give me digital titles for 60$

you could always set up a US PSN and use amazon to get the PSN codes... there's no tax on codes, and in texas there's no sales tax on digital purchases...

Go Up