I hate stupid scenes

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 04, 2020, 03:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

I just watched a scene from some anime on Facebook.  And it was one of those scenes that just pissed me off.  

It reminded me of a scene from SpongeBob.

This is the best video of the scene I can find.  

Even as a kid, this scene just feels unforgivably stupid.  And I can forgive a lot of stupid.  

Like does anyone actually find this funny?  

the-pi-guy

I think I can honestly say there are few things I hate more, than this level of stupid.  

Legend

I feel like I need some context for that scene lol. What's going on and what's exceptionally stupid about it?

the-pi-guy

Mar 04, 2020, 04:30 PM Last Edit: Mar 04, 2020, 04:32 PM by the-pi-guy
I feel like I need some context for that scene lol. What's going on and what's exceptionally stupid about it?
The context is that SpongeBob adopted a pet to be company for Gary. 

Except it was a dangerous pet that transforms into this large monster. 

In the episode there's little misunderstandings where Gary gets blamed for things the monster did, because SpongeBob still thought it was a cute pet. 

The exceptionally stupid part is when he walks in on Gary inside the monster's mouth. 

He somehow recognizes that the monster is the pet, but not that he's a monster. 
He somehow thinks Gary is the one who is picking up the giant monster that has his mouth wrapped around him.

Does that make sense? 

Like imagine a detective show, where the detective literally walks in to see the murderer shoot someone and the detective starts shooting the corpse yelling "put the gun down!" Despite the victim being clearly dead and not having a gun. 

Legend

I don't mind something like that in a kids comedy show, but it's just the worst in general.

People in movies, tvs, and even games are stupid and dense when the writers want drama. Take the classic "wait I can explain" line that's never followed up with the explanation.

the-pi-guy

I don't mind something like that in a kids comedy show, but it's just the worst in general.
I am a big believer that the best kids shows are the ones that respect the adult viewer.  

Not every one of them has to do that.
But SpongeBob was one of those that early on was popular with college aged students because it was one of the shows that did.

I haven't watched it since I was probably 16, but I was looking and I'm not alone in hating this part.  
People in movies, tvs, and even games are stupid and dense when the writers want drama. Take the classic "wait I can explain" line that's never followed up with the explanation.

That one is almost as bad!