PlayStation PC LLC now publisher of PS games on Steam

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 27, 2021, 07:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

kitler53

oh this isn't going to go over well on the forums.

i really hope sony doesn't go all in on pc like ms did.  i don't mind the late ports but PC is really looking like the best place to play games (if you can deal with maintaining a PC) now that it has access to basically everything.  exclusives set a platform apart and if every game comes to PC without delay PC will just be the objectively better platform.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

i really hope sony doesn't go all in on pc like ms did.  i don't mind the late ports but PC is really looking like the best place to play games (if you can deal with maintaining a PC) now that it has access to basically everything.  exclusives set a platform apart and if every game comes to PC without delay PC will just be the objectively better platform.
I don't think most people are going to switch to PC.  

And I think we are several years from Sony releasing games on PC without delay.  

BananaKing

i really hope sony doesn't go all in on pc like ms did.  i don't mind the late ports but PC is really looking like the best place to play games (if you can deal with maintaining a PC) now that it has access to basically everything.  exclusives set a platform apart and if every game comes to PC without delay PC will just be the objectively better platform.
The thing is I feel its the worst platform to play games on.... well after Nintendo hardware  

Online multiplayer is filled with cheaters, you need to set the settings for every game to get the best out of your hardware, and the hardware is vastly more expensive than consoles, and setting up games or anything on console is just easier and faster. Plus controller >>>> M/K

So yeah I hope Sony doesn't go all in on PC because I want consoles to stay forever. I also hope i can disable cross play on whatever multiplayer games Sony releases on PC and PS and have cross play. fudge that shame.

kitler53

i mean, i dunno.   i do think that consoles are well suited for the technology illiterate gamers out there.  those are probably one in the same with the more casual gamers that only buy 1 or 2 games a year.  the "whales" like me that have hundreds of games in their library are probably more than capable enough to transition to pc.   especially to PC when things like the the steam deck exist.  

playstation studios are my favorite studios but i'll tell you what,.. if all ps games go to PC day-1 i'm probably going to transition back to PC.   to have access to ALL games including sony first party, MS first party, and PC exclusives like those smaller but important to me indie games... that's fudgy amazing.   better BC support too.    ...and i'm pretty sure switch can be emulated if i heard right...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

PC gaming is growing at an incredible rate. Over the past gen, steam has seen a 5 fold increase in concurrent users for example.

I don't know if most people are going to switch but it sure seems like it'll grow into the bigger market.