PS5 sells 10 million

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 28, 2021, 02:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

PS5 is the fastest-selling PlayStation as it hits 10m sales milestone | GamesIndustry.biz

PlayStation 5 is Sony's fastest-selling games console after surpassing 10 million sales worldwide.

The new console reached the figure on July 18th, just under a month faster than the PlayStation 4 managed.

Other sales figures released by Sony includes that Spider-Man: Miles Morales has sold over 6.5 million copies since its launch last year. PS5 exclusives Returnal, released in April, has exceeded 560,000 copies, andRatchet & Clank: Rift Apart, which was released last month, is already on over 1.1 million units worldwide.

Meanwhile, Sony San Diego-developed MLB: The Show 21, which was released on non-PlayStation platforms, has surpassed two million sales worldwide. The game actually has more than four million players, and was included in the Xbox Game Pass subscription service

the-pi-guy

Speaking with GamesIndustry.biz, Ryan adds that PS5 has seen 'double digit growth' in terms of engagement -- whether that's monthly users or gameplay time -- compared with the launch window of PS4.

"Engagement on the platform is the highest that we've ever seen whichever way you look at it," he says.

We made a lot of noise at launch [in China], allocated a good amount of stock, and it blew through very quickly. Same sort of energy that we see in the West"

BananaKing

Miles morales 6.5 million
MLB 2 million
Ratchet 1.1 million
Retournal 560k

Spiderman is just a beast. This IP is printing money for Sony and marvel. Without a doubt Disney/marvel are a lot more happier with the partnership with Sony thus far than they are with square.

Ratchet sales are good. I can see it going on to sell 3-4 million. But IMO insomniac should go on to make something ele.

Retournal sales are a bit disappointing. Hopefully it can go on to sell 2~ million, and with its price tag I can see that being profitable for them. I wonder what they will do next

Dr. Pezus

MLB 2 million
Ratchet 1.1 million
Retournal 560k

Spiderman is just a beast. This IP is printing money for Sony and marvel. Without a doubt Disney/marvel are a lot more happier with the partnership with Sony thus far than they are with square.

Ratchet sales are good. I can see it going on to sell 3-4 million. But IMO insomniac should go on to make something ele.

Retournal sales are a bit disappointing. Hopefully it can go on to sell 2~ million, and with its price tag I can see that being profitable for them. I wonder what they will do next
Ratchet will easily do 3m+. Probably worth their while.
They're no doubt making something else next (after spidey)

kitler53

MLB 2 million
Ratchet 1.1 million
Retournal 560k

ratchet hadn't been out long, has a higher price tag, and isn't getting sales from a PS4 sku.

I think it is doing fine having sold to 10% of the userbase and will likely reach 5 million since it is outselling the PS4 release. it was probably faster/cheaper to develop then spiderman too.

they should make more.  it should not be a main focus, just something on the rotation.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I use my ps5 a lot nowadays. Great for watching movies lol.

Glad we finally got a sales update. Wonder how xbox is doing.

the-pi-guy

Glad we finally got a sales update. Wonder how xbox is doing.
There was kind of one posted yesterday on Era.  

BananaKing

I didnt mean ratchet did bad. On the contrary, it did quite well IMO. Definitely worth it and a good addition to their lineup.

However, Its not reaching the spidey, horizon, GoT level and it never will. Let them make a new AAA ip that might reach that, and switch between it and ratchet.

It would be awesome to see what they can come up with, specially after they reached the heights they did with spiderman and can attract all sorts of talent.