Basileous Productions presents.........Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne (PC) Review and Discussion

Started by BasilZero, Dec 11, 2015, 07:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

BasilZero

Finished Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne early in the morning :D

I started the MP series back in 2012 for the first time with Max Payne and although I got my dog kicked a lot in the game - I still enjoyed it. Fastforward three years later and here I am with Max Payne 2.

Once again I felt like I was playing "Max Payne Death Simulator" specifically near the end of the game right before the ending segment but I still enjoyed the game lol. (Thank God for Save states!)

I love crime stories in video games which is why I was drawn to this title. I remember when first seeing this title years ago - didnt expect me to play it considering I was a Nintendo only gamer back then (good thing I'm not anymore!).

Hoping to play Max Payne 3 again in the future - though not in 3 years - hopefully sooner ;p

Game: Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Genre: Third Person Shooter
Developer: Remedy Entertainment/Rockstar
System: Steam (PC)
Total Score: 85/100
Value Score: 8.5/10

• Story: 10/10
• Characters: 9/10
• GamePlay: 10/10
• Graphics: 9/10
• Sound: 10/10
• Music: 8/10
• Length: 3/10
• Replay Value: 8/10
• Player Value: 8/10

Pros
+Great story and action sequences
+Retains the great gameplay from the first game and expands on it with different weapons
+Replay value is higher due to additional difficulty modes added to the game
+Visuals have heavily improved compared to the first game
+There are platforming sections in the game which offers an additional challenge to the game
+Ability to save state and load state returns

Cons
-Game is way too short - its half the length of the first game

Comparison's sake to other games in the series/franchise

Max Payne (PC): 84
Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne (PC): 85

Basileous Productions' Media for Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne (PC)
Facebook Photo Album of Screenshots: https://www.facebook.com/basil.varghese.313924/media_set?set=a.10153753706188554.1073741895.766413553&type=3
Gameplay Test Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X2q_MwVuUI