Abandoned announced for PS5

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 07, 2021, 07:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Ok, I'm on drugs.  

Hasan Kahraman - PlayStation.Blog

>Hasan Kahraman wrote the post

Translate Hasan Turkish to Japanese gives you waiting for.

Translate "Hideo" Japanese to Turkish, gives you Kahraman.

I feel like someone messed with Google translate and got some weird results.

Or maybe someone manipulated Google translate by suggesting phrases.  Because the actual phrases don't work. "Hideo" translates that way.  ひでお or 秀夫, which are the correct words don't.

Why?
Doesn't work in bing translate.

How would people have manipulated google translate though? That seems near impossible without google noticing.

the-pi-guy

That just looks like an indie game...

Although now I guess I need to make a shell corp and have people think Hapax is from him too.
You should do it.
So then I can write a Reddit post about how the VizionEck cube is earily similar to the square PS studios logo.

Legend

You should do it.
So then I can write a Reddit post about how the VizionEck cube is earily similar to the square PS studios logo.
Yeah from the type of access I have as a nobody, this really just feels like a small indie studio without a paper trail. I think fans/trolls are manufacturing a lot of the coincidences. Like here the founding date is exactly 1 year after PT, but all their official channels like youtube and twitter were created before that in January.

It was a weird thing.

Sony guy on Era said their game is called Sigil.
That's the only thing imo that actually has weight. Either that guy is outing himself as a fraud, or this is actually a very large project with many people in the know. The game internally would be using its codename for all the official paperwork and I really hope that paperwork stays confidential.

SWORDF1SH

Ok, I'm on drugs.  

Hasan Kahraman - PlayStation.Blog

>Hasan Kahraman wrote the post

Translate Hasan Turkish to Japanese gives you waiting for.

Translate "Hideo" Japanese to Turkish, gives you Kahraman.

I feel like someone messed with Google translate and got some weird results.

Or maybe someone manipulated Google translate by suggesting phrases.  Because the actual phrases don't work. "Hideo" translates that way.  ひでお or 秀夫, which are the correct words don't.

Why?
This surely confirms it's Hideo's game.

the-pi-guy

This is getting weird.

Legend

This is getting weird.

That sounds like an indie game.

the-pi-guy

Jun 17, 2021, 11:02 PM Last Edit: Jun 17, 2021, 11:07 PM by the-pi-guy
That just looks like an indie game...
It's a fake indie game? 

Man people are desperate for Kojima news. 
This indie dev spawned several reddit threads and a 20 page era thread, while getting a lot of attention elsewhere. 

How can one capitalize on hype based off manufactured rumors?   

Step 1: pretend to pretend to be Kojima. 
Step 2: profit???

the-pi-guy

Jun 18, 2021, 12:44 AM Last Edit: Jun 18, 2021, 12:46 AM by the-pi-guy

Twitter DM timestamps have a day or date attached unless you're looking at them on the same day they were sent. That means that DM was either sent today or for some reason Geoff took a screenshot 21 minutes after he got it but before he responded. So either Geoff habitually takes screenshots when no-name indie developers reach out to him about participating in shows or...

I was on the fence before but now I'm 100% convinced this is Kojima.

(Hi Geoff. Miss you buddy.)

the-pi-guy

Man.

At this point I'm hoping it is Kojima.

That poor indie dev is going to get wrecked by the hype deflating.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

On the bright side this should end soon.  :'(

Legend

I know it's not Kojima.

But people are finding so many crazy things. Next will be looking at Hasan's house and counting tree branches.

the-pi-guy

Jun 18, 2021, 02:07 PM Last Edit: Jun 18, 2021, 02:41 PM by the-pi-guy
I'm kind of having fun watching this whole thing unfold.  

It seems way more likely this is just an indie dev pulling a ruse:

Theres a weird amount of work going into making this a bigger deal than it looks like it is.  

I too like to take screenshots of random Twitter DMs and save them in my phone for seemingly no reason at all lol.

To be clear so people don't run off with my post, I have no idea what this is or if it's even anything. I just found Geoff's explanation funny

Xevross

This is a pretty crazy story, the Era thread is wild.

Legend

Abandoned-trailerapp lanceert dinsdag op PS5, aankondiging via Keighley volgt | Nieuws | Gamer.nl

Dev is trying to get people to understand he's not Kojima but no one cares.

Will get more info on 22.

Go Up