Hideo Kojima is in Talks With Konami to Work on New Silent Hill, Says Rumor

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 11, 2019, 03:20 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

https://gamerant.com/hideo-kojima-silent-hill-konami/

With Kojima's split from Konami being pretty ugly, fans have given up hope that he will ever get the chance to work on Silent Hill. However, a new rumor claims that Kojima is in talks with Konami to do just that, and is in talks to work on a new Silent Hill game. This rumor comes from Reddit poster Sarkzt0001, who apparently provided evidence to Silent Hill subreddit moderator MarcellusDrum to back up his claims. The evidence provided doesn't confirm Sarkzt0001's claims with 100% certainty, but it was enough to keep the post on the subreddit. Needless to say, fans should take it all with a grain of salt before they get too excited.

According to the leaker, the collaboration between Kojima Productions and Konami on this new Silent Hill game is the reason why Ken-Ichiro Imaizumi recently left the studio. The leaker claims that Imaizumi "went against" the collaboration with Konami, as he didn't want to work with Konami again. However, Kojima reportedly wants to finish his vision of Silent Hills, as he thinks "his fans deserve it."

the-pi-guy

Of course, take this with a grain of salt.  Most likely poster is just jumping on the news that Kojima wants to make a horror game.  

How likely do you think this is true?  Would you be interested?

Legend

Of course, take this with a grain of salt.  Most likely poster is just jumping on the news that Kojima wants to make a horror game.  

How likely do you think this is true?  Would you be interested?
I've never played a Silent Hill game really so I don't really care. I'll take whatever Kojima works on next.

BananaKing

Just do a horror game new IP with any other publisher. Why work with konami? I find this rather hard to believe though

Xevross

Wonder if this Rumor person can be trusted.

darkknightkryta

I'd like a link to the "Official" rumour.  Not saying resetera is a go to place, but there's no talk of this there.  I didn't even see a link in the thread at vgchartz.

the-pi-guy

I'd like a link to the "Official" rumour.  Not saying resetera is a go to place, but there's no talk of this there.  I didn't even see a link in the thread at vgchartz.
Konami and Kojima are in talk about Silent Hill, as we speak. : silenthill

OP provided evidence, but that it was also something easy to fake.  

Probably shouldn't have bothered posting it.
Puts together a couple pieces of information in a way that makes sense, but it's probably just taking advantage of that information.

Just do a horror game new IP with any other publisher. Why work with konami? I find this rather hard to believe though
Supposedly he feels that he needs to for the players.