How's School?

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Aug 26, 2014, 12:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

nnodley

Jul 11, 2016, 12:21 AM Last Edit: Jul 11, 2016, 12:24 AM by nnodley
I'm so glad I'm done with school.  Can finally just focus on environment art instead of having to spend half or more of my time working on shaming classes that have absolutely nothing to do with what I want to do and only detract form me getting a good amount of experience working on environments.

Now comes the focus too on getting as many connections in the industry as possible.  i've always struggled with it as I don't want to get to the point where I may be annoying people.  One girl that is super talented at blizzard style character and creature art basically hounded artists at blizzard and because of that they want nothing to do with her because she got annoying. 

Also I'm close to tempted to just say fudge it and work freelance or another job that just gets me money, and work on a game idea me and a friend from school have and just be an indie dev and get experience that way.  If I can't get in the industry I'll just force my way in by making my own game and studio(which I want to do anyway at some point.)