The Anime Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown
Go Down

the-pi-guy

Nice, did I ever tell you the time at Anime North when they were using the Death Note for the wrestling?  Did they ever make a Bluray of it?

Kind of sounds familiar, but I'm not sure if you did. 
No bluray. 

BasilZero

So I rewatched Episode 3 of Bleach.  What they did with the guitar was crazy.  It was so eerie, yet simple.  Not as good as the original Naruto OST or Inuyasha.  I'll say though, it's better than any of the generic "crud" we're getting now in anime (Listening to the music in Boo Kai is saddening).  Still Bleach's lore was pretty slick, too bad they didn't do much more with it.  Though I decided to try to watch it through with the filler.  My biggest complaint with the manga is the lack of character development.  I literally forgot about the girl with glasses @_@ and Kon.  So hopefully the filler can "fill" the void.

Nice, did I ever tell you the time at Anime North when they were using the Death Note for the wrestling?  Did they ever make a Bluray of it?

I watched the first ep of bleach years ago, I could never get into it. Maybe I should start watching it since Bleach is dead.

NeverDies

Just saw a copy of Hellsing Ultimate OVA in my local Best Buy. Brought back so many memories, lol.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

darkknightkryta

Just saw a copy of Hellsing Ultimate OVA in my local Best Buy. Brought back so many memories, lol.

I say you buy it.

DrakeSnake

So I rewatched Episode 3 of Bleach.  What they did with the guitar was crazy.  It was so eerie, yet simple.  Not as good as the original Naruto OST or Inuyasha.  I'll say though, it's better than any of the generic "crud" we're getting now in anime (Listening to the music in Boo Kai is saddening).  Still Bleach's lore was pretty slick, too bad they didn't do much more with it.  Though I decided to try to watch it through with the filler.  My biggest complaint with the manga is the lack of character development.  I literally forgot about the girl with glasses @_@ and Kon.  So hopefully the filler can "fill" the void.

I loved Bleach OST back in the day they mixed in Jazz, J rock, orchestra and even guitar solo. It was awesome. And yeah they introduced so many characters in bleach. I wish they would of use the original (Chad, Inoue, ishida) more.

darkknightkryta

I loved Bleach OST back in the day they mixed in Jazz, J rock, orchestra and even guitar solo. It was awesome. And yeah they introduced so many characters in bleach. I wish they would of use the original (Chad, Inoue, ishida) more.

That's kinda why I'm gonna try the filler out. I have a feeling both Bleach and Naruto' manga were being written with the anime in mind. Like half way through, they just threw character development out. Maybe in hopes of using filler in the anime to sell it. So the character development that should have happened in the manga is in the filler. At least, that's my conspiracy theory.

the-pi-guy

I got Princess Mononoke on Blu ray and DVD. 

DrakeSnake

That's kinda why I'm gonna try the filler out. I have a feeling both Bleach and Naruto' manga were being written with the anime in mind. Like half way through, they just threw character development out. Maybe in hopes of using filler in the anime to sell it. So the character development that should have happened in the manga is in the filler. At least, that's my conspiracy theory.
Im theory is more simple they use filler just to give the manga alot more time gap if the anime is catching up to fast. The only filler that i enjoy are mostly comedy centeric ones.

darkknightkryta

Im theory is more simple they use filler just to give the manga alot more time gap if the anime is catching up to fast. The only filler that i enjoy are mostly comedy centeric ones.

I know. But look at Naruto, they literally set up fights and didn't show any of them. Which were conveniently shown in he Anime.

NeverDies

I don't really like filler. So often it changes the tone of the show, because they're literally stalling for time.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

darkknightkryta

I don't really like filler. So often it changes the tone of the show, because they're literally stalling for time.

Yup, it's why I stopped watching those long anime.  But I'm reconsidering for Bleach and Naruto, since my biggest complaint was the lack of character development, that may be in the filler.  Plus with Naruto, they literally left things out to put in the anime.

NeverDies

I tried watching Bleach. It go to the point that I was so bored I would skip ahead to fight scenes, just to break up the monotony.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

darkknightkryta

Speaking of favourite intros, this is mine:

I was humming the theme everytime I played an episode.  We were marathoning it during Halloween while we were playing the Street Fighter deck building card game.

darkknightkryta

darkknightkryta

Thought I'd share a random anime story from me.  So when I was younger, I think when I was in grade 6, I went to Italy in the summer.  Now in Italy, there's only 8 channels, and of those 8 channels, they regularly show anime.  Throughout the day.  Now Cat Eyes was one of the anime I saw.  Another, I couldn't remember the name.  But it was weird.  So there was a male character and a female character.  They were at a cafe.  The female lead was playing cards.  The guy had run in.  Then randomly a biker gang walks in.  Now the female lead looked like Sailor Mars.  She gets into a fight with them and she throws one of the cards between one of the biker's eyes.  I was like "WTF?"  So anyways, he gets sent to another dimension with a little girl.  Now I had no idea what this anime was called.  So this anime was in the back of my mind for a while.  Fast forward to my university days.  So I asked my friend if he knew what it was from that vague card throwing description.  He didn't know.  I asked him on MSN maybe after school finished or a little before again. I mentioned the power to go to other dimensions.  He then gave me the name: Kimagure Orange Road.  So I managed to "Find it" and low and behold, at the last episode, there was a girl who looked like Sailor Mars throwing a card in between a a biker's eyes.  It was the same anime!  So remember, if there's a random anime you don't remember the name of ask a friend!  P.S. it's a good comedy, albeit old.  Probably one of the first love triangle comedy animes.  Check it out.

Go Up