TV Show Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

nnodley

May 20, 2019, 05:06 PM Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 05:08 PM by nnodley
You and I have rather different definitions of fan fiction but okay. I thought this was fan fiction in its purest form. Evil people gone, good guys are all happy and where they should be, which isn't very game of thrones imo. Don't get me wrong, I love the ending for these characters because its fan fiction and I'm a fan, but it does feel really unsatisfying.

Not at all. The problem with the show is how we got here, not the ending itself. Book readers know this is the ending they'll get, but they also know it'll make sense and be earned (if it ever happens). For example, Dany turning evil/mad will be done way, way, way better in the books and in fact the seeds are already being planted. Also final fight will most likely not be against Cersei, Bran will have more to do with the fight against The Others and shame like that.
Yeah clearly cause as a fan, this isn't really where i was expecting them to take it.  If this was pure fanfiction i don't think there would be this big of a negative reaction to how the finale ended, but maybe i'm wrong. So many people seemed to have had their minds made up of how they wanted it to go.  Everything up until the finale the last couple seasons was pure fanfiction, imo.  Execution was by far the worst thing for this season, but that's mostly D&D wanting to basically jump ship.

But, we'll just agree to disagree