Death Stranding Gameplay Trailer

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 19, 2019, 10:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Legend

I'm on media blackout but I assume it looks amazing!

BananaKing

I'm on media blackout but I assume it looks amazing!
It literally doesnt. I've lost all hype for this game because fudge it. We are a few months from release is all kojima wants to show from gameplay is Sam walking. Ok.  Nothing shown (gameplay wise) from this game looks fun. It's all walking.

Legend

It literally doesnt. I've lost all hype for this game because fudge it. We are a few months from release is all kojima wants to show from gameplay is Sam walking. Ok.  Nothing shown (gameplay wise) from this game looks fun. It's all walking.
But what if I like walking?

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Hopefully just misdirection or else it&#39;s fun exploration style walking. If this reviews 80+ I&#39;m day one.<br>

BananaKing

But what if I like walking?

Spoiler for Hidden:

Hopefully just misdirection or else it's fun exploration style walking. If this reviews 80+ I'm day one.

But it's supposed to be an action game.

I dont understand the praise this is getting. Its just because its kojima. I understand and appreciate not wanting to show too much and spoil the game. But I want to see the actual gameplay loop and what I will be doing.

Xevross

Aug 20, 2019, 12:08 AM Last Edit: Aug 20, 2019, 12:11 AM by Xevross
This honestly looked awful. Immediately lost any hype I had for the game and for the first time I'm genuinely worried that this is going to be a bad game. My thoughts when watching this during the show was "oh god this game could actually bomb with reviews". I previously thought that Kojima-ness would carry it through even if it turned out not that great but all the weird shame just seems weird for the sake of it rather than being clever at this point and the small amount of gameplay I've seen looks boring at best and awful at worst.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm not optimistic.

Legend

lol I just realised I missed gamescom...

Think I'll watch the gameplay.

Xevross

lol I just realised I missed gamescom...

Think I'll watch the gameplay.
Yeah I had no idea there was a show going on until I saw on Era there was KSP2 and NFS Heat announced at the same time and I thought "wait is there a gamescom show I missed?". And yep, Keighley was putting one on. It was okay, not worth watching back. I missed the first 25 mins ish but reading back on Era people thought it was boring except the two aforementioned announcements.

Legend

Looked good to me. Definitely was something set up just for the show, not a gameplay trailer. Only worry is that the world will feel too procedural with time wasting missions.

Back to media blackout.

DerNebel

Kojima literally said right before he showed this, that this is a sneak peak as he's going to do a real gameplay demonstration at TGS and you guys like Resetera go and forget that the release date trailer has already shown that there's bike riding, melee combat, shooting and boss like encounters in the game.

You're getting trolled by a trailer that starts with pissing out a mushroom and ends with walking straight down a cliff, I mean have you forgotten the cardboard boxes and the chicken hat from his last game? Dude just has a weird sense of humor.

Xevross

Aug 20, 2019, 10:55 AM Last Edit: Aug 20, 2019, 10:57 AM by Xevross
Kojima literally said right before he showed this, that this is a sneak peak as he's going to do a real gameplay demonstration at TGS and you guys like Resetera go and forget that the release date trailer has already shown that there's bike riding, melee combat, shooting and boss like encounters in the game.

You're getting trolled by a trailer that starts with pissing out a mushroom and ends with walking straight down a cliff, I mean have you forgotten the cardboard boxes and the chicken hat from his last game? Dude just has a weird sense of humor.
Sure, thanks mind reader. I'm definitely not just concerned about this huge, almost empty, environment that we've seen multiple times now and seen us slowly clambering through it in what looks like awfully boring gameplay. I'm certainly not worried that a large chunk of the game outside of these other sections you mentioned will be lots of boring and slow traversal which would put me off this game I want to like.

I also expressed a lot of excitement at that previous trailer but apparently the opinion I wrote here about this trailer does completely override that one now. Perhaps I must repeat myself stating that a past opinion on a past trailer does still hold just to make everyone aware that I haven't forgotten and that it is trailers like the previous one which got me excited for the game in the first place.

I was also expressing concern about the two cutscenes he showed before this video, as I didn't like either of those. The dialogue just seems off in this game.

I'm still allowed to react to a trailer I just watched, no matter the context. This one I thought looked awful, and if it turns out to be a bit of a troll or not representitive then fine I'm very happy about that.

DerNebel

Sure, thanks mind reader. I'm definitely not just concerned about this huge, almost empty, environment that we've seen multiple times now and seen us slowly clambering through it in what looks like awfully boring gameplay. I'm certainly not worried that a large chunk of the game outside of these other sections you mentioned will be lots of boring and slow traversal which would put me off this game I want to like.

I also expressed a lot of excitement at that previous trailer but apparently the opinion I wrote here about this trailer does completely override that one now. Perhaps I must repeat myself stating that a past opinion on a past trailer does still hold just to make everyone aware that I haven't forgotten and that it is trailers like the previous one which got me excited for the game in the first place.

I was also expressing concern about the two cutscenes he showed before this video, as I didn't like either of those. The dialogue just seems off in this game.

I'm still allowed to react to a trailer I just watched, no matter the context. This one I thought looked awful, and if it turns out to be a bit of a troll or not representitive then fine I'm very happy about that.
bolded: Well according to yourself this trailer has immediately completely overridden your opinion on the game, so I guess... yeah?

This honestly looked awful. Immediately lost any hype I had for the game and for the first time I'm genuinely worried that this is going to be a bad game
You don't need to act smart with me, if your prior reaction was as kneejerky as this.

And yes, you're allowed to react to a trailer, just as I'm allowed to post my opinion on what I feel are spur of the moment hot takes driven by people feeling this constant need to share their thoughts on anything the moment they see it instead of taking a moment to actually think before they type.

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Iceland looks great in this game

Legend

Iceland looks great in this game
Didn't you see the map? This is America silly!

/s

I wonder if they scanned full areas of Iceland and you'd be able to recognize locations, or if it's been reworked enough for that to not be the case.