SpaceX landing humans on the Moon!!! NASA officially selects SpaceX as the only lander.

Started by Legend, Apr 16, 2021, 08:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

SpaceX's Starship sole winner in NASA's HLS Moon lander program

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/as-artemis-moves-forward-nasa-picks-spacex-to-land-next-americans-on-moon

Huge huge news. Was really hoping Dynetics would win as well, but it seems NASA is confident in SpaceX and tight on money.

Blue Origin/National Team also lost.

Legend

Apr 16, 2021, 08:43 PM Last Edit: Apr 16, 2021, 08:53 PM by Legend

Guess it pays to save money with reusable rockets.

Legend

It would have been great if a second lander was also selected, but it's amazing that Starship won.

2024 human landing can maybe happen without too much of a delay. A full lunar base can happen within the next 10 years.

Also makes a human Mars landing more cooperative. If SpaceX is already landing humans on the Moon with NASA then there should be way less friction with SpaceX doing Mars their own way.

Legend

Apr 16, 2021, 09:53 PM Last Edit: Apr 16, 2021, 09:55 PM by Legend

Legend

SpaceJac

I'm glad to see that NASA made the right choice. I think guys from SpaceX know how to land people on various surfaces.

Legend

I'm glad to see that NASA made the right choice. I think guys from SpaceX know how to land people on various surfaces.
It's amazing how friendly NASA and SpaceX have become. Just a few years ago NASA couldn't even mention Starship.