Halo 5 online co-op WILL require XBL Gold

Started by Legend, Jun 10, 2015, 06:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Halo 5 online co-op WILL require XBL Gold - NeoGAF

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/c...e-co-op-access 343's Josh Holmes:
I need take a moment to make an important correction on something we miscommunicated in the story. I misspoke during the interview when stating that online co-op campaign would be supported with an Xbox Live Silver account. Co-op campaign will require Xbox Live Gold to play. I want to extend my sincere apologies to our fans, and to Game Informer, for this error and any confusion it has caused.

The game will come with a 14-day gold trial, at least.

The ONLY redeeming thing about lack of local co-op was that we could at least do it online without gold.

Now I need to buy two xbones, two copies of the game, and XBOX GOLD for my second account. Ugh.

DD_Bwest

woah but what if your on a nuclear sub?

Legend

woah but what if your on a nuclear sub?
Then you still just use gold?

DD_Bwest

Then you still just use gold?
does it allow coop over a local network?  (serious i have no idea lol)

Legend

does it allow coop over a local network?  (serious i have no idea lol)
Oh you missed that thread?

No Halo 5 removed splitscreen co-op and lan. MP splitscreen is down to 2 players.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Wait  No lan? The gold thing was a given. But no fudgy lan, that just killed what was the best part of any halo.

DD_Bwest

Oh you missed that thread?

No Halo 5 removed splitscreen co-op and lan. MP splitscreen is down to 2 players.
haha i heard about removal of split screen but not about lan.  interesting..

Legend

Wait  No lan? The gold thing was a given. But no fudgy lan, that just killed what was the best part of any halo.
Yesterday they announced people could play using silver, and many assumed it was 343's way of making up for the removal of splitscreen and lan.

But nope.

Aura7541

Wow, that is just... ugh

Xevross

The last few days have not been great for halo fans

kitler53

The last few days have not been great for halo fans
with the constant barrage of ps4 announcements it hasn't been a good few days for xbox fans. ..or years for that matter. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens