PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

I've only played infinite. Would be nice to try the other 2.
I've played through 1 and most of Infinite. (Think something came up, so I never finished).  

Really great games though.

the-pi-guy

I ended up caving and buying Bioshock.  

The weird bit is that I've bought 1 and Infinite 3 times.  Despite the fact I've only played through the first game.  

I bought it used for the first time on PS3, but at that time I was moving towards PC.  So I got them on sale there. But then I started moving away from PC.  

And now I have them on PS4/PS5.  

Most absurd ratio of buying them 3 times, only playing once.  

On the bright side, I think I've spent like
$60 on the entire trilogy.

Legend

I bought Killzone 3 3 times. Was the first and last time I ever sold a game. Guy at bestbuy just ripped it open without asking. Was brand new.

Xevross

Only game I bought multiple times was diablo 3, but each time for a new platform.

kitler53

I dunno.  I bought world of warcraft every month for almost three years...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

There are a few games that I've bought multiple times.

Kingdom Hearts 1+2, FFX, Jak series a couple of others.

But most of these games I played on a near yearly basis growing up.

Bioshock is pretty much the opposite.

darkknightkryta

I ended up caving and buying Bioshock.   

The weird bit is that I've bought 1 and Infinite 3 times.  Despite the fact I've only played through the first game. 

I bought it used for the first time on PS3, but at that time I was moving towards PC.  So I got them on sale there. But then I started moving away from PC. 

And now I have them on PS4/PS5. 

Most absurd ratio of buying them 3 times, only playing once. 

On the bright side, I think I've spent like
$60 on the entire trilogy.
I played Infinite with the Sharpshooter. They didn't map the melee button for whatever reason, so I had to finish the game without it.  Used it with Killzone 3 and Resistance 3.  I enjoyed using it.  It's packed away forever now  :'(

the-pi-guy

kitler53

https://www.resetera.com/threads/killzone-com-officially-retired-going-forward-visitors-to-killzone-com-will-be-directed-to-playstation-com.358102/

Killzone.com retired now will redirect to PlayStation.com
whelp.  

I argued before that with the success of horizon and the repeated failed attempts to make killzone a mass market appealing franchise that killzone should be retired.  ...but now that it's here I can't help but feel a bit sad.  I liked killzone a lot.  

hopefully they remaster them for ps5.  I know they won't but I'll just hold onto that thought anyways. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Thank god, I was worried about the rumours of Guerrilla working on Killzone as well when they should be fully on board the Horizon train.

the-pi-guy

Thank god, I was worried about the rumours of Guerrilla working on Killzone as well when they should be fully on board the Horizon train.
Why can't they make two games?  

Xevross

Why can't they make two games?  
Well they can. Horizon 2 and Horizon 3

Xevross

I'm kind of joking of course, if they have two teams and want to make a different game then that's fine. I would rather they had a heavier focus on horizon than do that though.

Also Killzone is kind of dead, I'm not sure it could ever sell well.

the-pi-guy

Well they can. Horizon 2 and Horizon 3
That's terrible.  

DerNebel

They can try a new IP for their second project, I wouldn't be surprised if that was it. I could see another Multiplayer focused FPS, which I wouldn't care for in all likelihood, but eh a lot of people love that shame so what can you do.

But I agree that Killzone has run its course, if they are trying for another breakout hit similar to Horizon, they are probably better off with something new instead of attempting to prop up Killzone again. It's just kind of unremarkable as a franchise.

That is of course assuming that something like a second project actually exists at Guerrilla Games.

Go Up