PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DerNebel

I still have to get a PS5 console. What does everyone else make of the PS5?
It sounds like I'm just parroting marketing material but it is truly the SSD that feels like the game changer for the system (and the controller when used with all its features). at least for now The games are pretty and run well, but not to the degree yet that I'm completely blown away and designwise it'll take time until games that take true advantage of the new hardware come around.

The SSD however is already amazing, it's just a dream how quick and snappy everything is (at least in what I played, which is all Sony first party).

the-pi-guy

Legend

Meanwhile I'm over here working through the 21st, but will be taking a break as well.

kitler53

Meanwhile I'm over here working through the 21st, but will be taking a break as well.
aren't you your own boss?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Time to boycott VizionEck LLC until they start treating their employee well!!!

Legend

aren't you your own boss?
Yeah but I suck.

Time to boycott VizionEck LLC until they start treating their employee well!!!
I should go on strike.

DerNebel

So I'm just watching this interview between David Jaffe and the Ex-Director of Sony's VASG group who recently left to start his own company, I'm still quite early but it seems pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgq_rhZwDhM

At the 18:30 mark they dropped something that I'd never heard before and that truly surprised me: The VASG did work on the original Titanfall!?!

Did you guys know that and I was just living under a rock?

Legend

So I'm just watching this interview between David Jaffe and the Ex-Director of Sony's VASG group who recently left to start his own company, I'm still quite early but it seems pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgq_rhZwDhM

At the 18:30 mark they dropped something that I'd never heard before and that truly surprised me: The VASG did work on the original Titanfall!?!

Did you guys know that and I was just living under a rock?
I didn't know that but in general so many teams are involved when making a aaa game.

the-pi-guy

Has anyone played Detroit?  

I remember watching this video when it came out.

And I was so thrilled when Detroit was announced, that they were actually going through with their tech demo.  

But QD doesn't seem to make great games.

BananaKing

I played Detroit and its a great game. Loved it

Legend

Loved it too. Was incredible in many ways.

Detroit>Heavy Rain>>Beyond

One section from the game easily topped the Kara demo imo.

Xevross

Detroit was indeed great. I think it had its fair amount of problems but I loved it overall.

the-pi-guy

Detroit was indeed great. I think it had its fair amount of problems but I loved it overall.
Loved it too. Was incredible in many ways.

Detroit>Heavy Rain>>Beyond

One section from the game easily topped the Kara demo imo.
I played Detroit and its a great game. Loved it
Thanks guys.
I think this will be my next game purchase. Even if it isn't the next thing I play.

Well I want to buy the Quantic Dream Collection.

the-pi-guy

Bioshock 1: $15
Bioshock 2: $15
Bioshock Infinite: $20
All of them combined: $10

I've never seen such a difference with buying a collection compared to buying individually.  

I want to replay this at some point.

Legend

I've only played infinite. Would be nice to try the other 2.

Go Up