Black Tusk Studios renamed to "The Coalition"

Started by Legend, Jun 03, 2015, 05:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

how was the like/dislike ratio before?
It was super good. Like only 20ish dislikes I think.

No clue why they reuploaded it.

BananaKing

it only has like 25 views when i saw it LOL. 2 likes and zero dislikes.

darkknightkryta

i hate it when a studio is associated  with just one franchise. its why i really wanted Sony Santa Monica to make a new IP. sony at least let them but it didnt work out.

if people wonder why Naughty Dog are probably the best devs in the world, its because they arent stuck with making Uncharted, mario, halo, assassins creed or CoD for every game they make.
At least Santa Monica works on smaller titles with other devs...

Legend

it only has like 25 views when i saw it LOL. 2 likes and zero dislikes.
Yeah that's the new video. Old was at 301+

Legend

the-pi-guy

Hmmm, wonder if he likes Gears.  

Aura7541

Spoiler for Hidden:

dang, he didn't hold back. Lol

Dr. Pezus

Gears and proud of it!

BananaKing

they are acting like its a good thing.......

the-pi-guy

they are acting like its a good thing.......
Either loves Gears, or is getting good money.  

Xevross

I really don't like how microsoft assigns an IP to a studio. Talk about milking your franchises! It pretty much removes creativity when they have to stick to making sequel after sequel. I hate the new name as well, Black Tusk sounded awesome but the coalition doesn't sound like a game studio. It sounds formal and boring

Aura7541

I really don't like how microsoft assigns an IP to a studio. Talk about milking your franchises! It pretty much removes creativity when they have to stick to making sequel after sequel. I hate the new name as well, Black Tusk sounded awesome but the coalition doesn't sound like a game studio. It sounds formal and boring
Now you brought that up, The Coalition does sound more like a political party/faction than a game studio ;D

Xevross

Now you brought that up, The Coalition does sound more like a political party/faction than a game studio ;D
Yeah it really does, most game studios have a cool, wacky name. "Rockstar", "Naughty Dog", "Lionhead" to name a few. The Coalition does sound like a politicaly party, an alliance or union or something like that. Just a really odd choice, you don't see "The Coalition" before a game trailer or in an intro and get hyped, you just think wtf has politics got to do with this

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'm sure there's better names with in the gears universe. The name and logo are just horrible.  

Dr. Pezus

I'm sure there's better names with in the gears universe. The name and logo are just horrible.  
What about "The War Room". I can only imagine what would happen if some devs in the company started fighting. "No fighting in The War Room"
Maybe I'm the only one that gets the reference but whateva!

Go Up