Black Tusk Studios renamed to "The Coalition"

Started by Legend, Jun 03, 2015, 05:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Black Tusk Studios renamed to "The Coalition" - NeoGAF

/

Hi everyone - I'm Rod Fergusson, former studio head of Black Tusk Studios. It's not what you think. Beginning today, the Vancouver-based Xbox team working on the Gears of War franchise will be known as The Coalition. What's in a name? In short, The Coalition speaks to who we are as a team, and what it is we're working on. A coalition is a team of diverse individuals working together for a common purpose, a concept that we feel describes our studio quite well. Fans will also recognize the Coalition of Ordered Governments (COG) from Gears of War lore. When people hear 343 Industries, they associate it with Halo; when they hear Turn 10 Studios, they know that's who makes Forza. Moving forward, when you hear The Coalition, we want you to think of Gears of War. To see our new logo in motion, and to learn more about The Coalition, watch the special edition Rodcast above. Speaking of Gears of War, we're getting close to E3, where we will share more on what's next for Gears of War. Specifically, Gears fans should be sure to tune in to Xbox Daily: LIVE @ E3, on Monday June 15 at 4PM Pacific to see what we're working on.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/games-i...-the-coalition

Raven

So basically certain fears became realized. Black Tusk is now the "Gears of War studio".

Legend

Confirms Black Tusk er The Coalition is a Gears only studio for the foreseeable future. No other projects. No other games.

Aura7541

So basically certain fears became realized. Black Tusk is now the "Gears of War studio".
Yeah, I liked the name, Black Tusk. I don't know why its name had to be changed.

BananaKing

Confirms Black Tusk er The Coalition is a Gears only studio for the foreseeable future. No other projects. No other games.
pretty much, he says that as its a good thing, sigh. he also pretty much confirmed gears of war for E3.

Aura7541

pretty much, he says that as its a good thing, sigh. he also pretty much confirmed gears of war for E3.
I don't like it when publishers take away creative freedom from devs.

BananaKing

I don't like it when publishers take away creative freedom from devs.
i hate it when a studio is associated  with just one franchise. its why i really wanted Sony Santa Monica to make a new IP. sony at least let them but it didnt work out.

if people wonder why Naughty Dog are probably the best devs in the world, its because they arent stuck with making Uncharted, mario, halo, assassins creed or CoD for every game they make.

Mmm_fish_tacos

So it's going going to be last gen for MS all over again, the same 3 or 4 games rinse and repeat.

I'm seriously thinking trading my xbox for a will u is a good choice right now.

Legend

Aura7541

So it's going going to be last gen for MS all over again, the same 3 or 4 games rinse and repeat.

I'm seriously thinking trading my xbox for a will u is a good choice right now.
So basically:

• 343i - Halo
  • The Coalition (formerly Black Tusk) - Gears
  • Turn 10 - Forza
  • Lionhead - Fable

I know Microsoft has Rare and opened other studios, but the list is not that encouraging.

Legend

So basically:

• 343i - Halo
  • Turn 10 - Forza
  • Lionhead - Fable

I know Microsoft has Rare and opened other studios, but the list is not that encouraging.
Not basically haha. In the video he specifically lists those studios saying they only make one game franchise.

Also video has been removed?

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

So basically:

• 343i - Halo
  • Turn 10 - Forza
  • Lionhead - Fable

reportedly lionhead is working on a new IP, however given their recent track record, the direction their new game is taking and MS's new direction in video games one really doubts that its an AAA game. im predicting a hololens game or another F2P game. maybe a digital only release.

the-pi-guy

Not basically haha. In the video he specifically lists those studios saying they only make one game franchise.
lol
Great that he's so honest about it.  
I guess.  

Dr. Pezus

how was the like/dislike ratio before?

Go Up