PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Few games and price too high, I'm nervous.
Think Sony should start pushing games development on the device as hard as they can.  
Make as many Indies as possible. Bring a few big games too.  
Yeah I see him say only 10, and all I'm thinking is "better hit PSVR's release date!"

Aura7541

- said Andrew House to Bloomberg during Tokyo Game Show
- House didn't reveal price but it could cost around £350 ('round 545.29 'merican dollaz)
- House expects 10 titles to be ready for PSVR at launch, which is expected to take place first half of 2016
- House said about PSVR:
"VR rewrites the rule book on how you can create games,"
"You're seeing a large amount of interest and work happening among smaller teams, because it's possible to create something in VR that is very simple but still very magical."
- Andrew House evaded the question of whether there will be a Western price drop for the PS4 following Japan and China price drop
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/playstation-vr-could-cost-around-350-at-launch/0156110
Hopefully, it's 10 titles at launch with several more to be released not long after.

Legend

Best Playstation Game of all Time has been decided. - NeoGAF

/1. Metal Gear Solid /2. Final Fantasy VII/3. Crash Bandicoot/4. Crash Bandicoot: Warped/ Bonus:
Originally Posted by Liha

It's funny and sad at the same time.. /https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/stat...43366048890880

lock if oldlink

the-pi-guy

I'm really hoping for $199 since that would catch the mass market, but at least enthusiasts will be fine with $299.
Still a chance of that happening.  
The article only says it'll be the price of a new gaming platform.  That's a lot of room for possibility.  

I don't think it'll do well if they say 299$.  
199$ or better yet 150$ would be an amazing price point.  The right games could push it well over a few million.

If gt7 supports it then it will sell pretty well on that game alone. And you have games like War thunder, Pcars and Eve Valkyrie and RIg's! This is going to be a sim players dream. Thats a pretty strong line up and All those games should be day one.
Should be is sketchy.  

I fully expect GT7 to support it to be honest, GT games usually support tons of things.
Does that mean they sell well?  Hardly.  

Legend

The article only says it'll be the price of a new gaming platform.  That's a lot of room for possibility.  

199$ or better yet 150$ would be an amazing price point.  The right games could push it well over a few million.
$149 would be insane, but that just feels incredibly unrealistic. Sony can't afford that financial risk imo.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Should be is sketchy.  

I fully expect GT7 to support it to be honest, GT games usually support tons of things.
Does that mean they sell well?  Hardly.  
Well there's a whole peripheral market supported by games like GT, and GT is by far the most popular one.

Legend

Well there's a whole peripheral market supported by games like GT, and GT is by far the most popular one.
Yeah VR would go great with a racing rig. Would be the best set up possible, excluding a motion simulator.

the-pi-guy

$149 would be insane, but that just feels incredibly unrealistic. Sony can't afford that financial risk imo.
Insane enough to work!  ;)
Hoping for 199$, maybe 249$.  That'd be awesome.
Expecting 299$ or worse though.  

I'm quite aware.   :)
But few if any would be considered mainstream.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yeah VR would go great with a racing rig. Would be the best set up possible, excluding a motion simulator.
Yeah, but those motion simulator's are a bit crazy with their movements. I want to try one but just watching videos on them I don't think it will be accurate.

Kerotan

I'll buy this thing for 200 max. GT7 support would be huge.  

Price and release date at Paris games week?

And price cut too.  Ju suis 299

darkknightkryta

Best Playstation Game of all Time has been decided. - NeoGAF
lock if oldlink

Pft, that thing sucks.  They got that sour apple FF 7 there instead of 8.  

trollface.jpg

Raven

Pft, that thing sucks.  They got that sour apple FF 7 there instead of 8.  

trollface.jpg
We're not doing this again. Go to my room.

Dr. Pezus

I'll buy this thing for 200 max. GT7 support would be huge.  

Price and release date at Paris games week?

And price cut too.  Ju suis 299
Nah 349 for 500GB, 399 for 1TB I think. In effect it will be a temporary cut because I think the 500gb ps4 is limited.

Legend

Go Up