Switch: 1
Xbox One: 0.83
3DS:0.26

YoY:

PS4: +62%
Switch: -12%
Xbox One: +64%
3DS: -45%

Initial sales performance of Pokemon Let's Go is about in line with Nintendo's expectation, and it's a strong one."

Thanks Magicpork on Era

Kerotan

Huge ps4 win despite that massive 100$ off xbox x promotion. Get in.

NPD Predicting tool was about as useful as a piece of sour apple this month and a blind man could see it. Zero chance switch would ever win. Same with amazon charts suggesting a big switch win. Ninty fanboys over there need to stop obsessing over these now useless metrics to predict sales.

Xevross

Wooh magicpork still around! Wowzas that is a much better October for PS4 than I was expecting, momentum is huge.

PS4 345k
Switch 260k
XB1 215k

Is the rough estimate, will check that later.

Xevross

PS4 had its best january-october ever, selling over 3M for the first time, without any deals apart from standard console bundles, and it being 2 years since a price cut. That's absolutely nuts, PS4 is a beast.

Legend

Video games are so hot right now.

What happened to switch though? Did it have some super game last year? It sold great but the yoy change really stands out compared to ps4 and xb1.

Cute Pikachu

dang y'all hate us Nintendo fans :(

Excellent month for all 3

@Legend
Mario Odyssey happened
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

the-pi-guy

@Legend
Mario Odyssey happened
Who's y'all?  

Cute Pikachu

Who's y'all?  
I don't know it's just being called a Nintendo fanboy for projecting switch to win the month sucks but oh well.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

the-pi-guy

I don't know it's just being called a Nintendo fanboy for projecting switch to win the month sucks but oh well.
Well Xev and I are Nintendo fanboys too.  

Xevross

@Legend
Mario Odyssey happened
Yeah singling out Nintendo fans isn't right, any time a console looks to be doing well fan its always trumpet that metric like it's gospel. This particular tool was accurate in the past so it made sense to think switch might top the month.

It is a good month for switch, only being down 12% despite mario last year is great. It's about to go crazy these next two months. I didn't mention it earlier because its a fairly unremarkable month for the switch, about what you'd expect it to have done. Same for XB1, continuing the trend of being well up YOY. Great month for both, but that is what I expected. PS4 just had a bit of a crazy month.

Well Xev and I are Nintendo fanboys too. 
Nintendo are the best, this is true.

Video games are so hot right now.

What happened to switch though? Did it have some super game last year? It sold great but the yoy change really stands out compared to ps4 and xb1.
Just to add on the YOY comparison front, Xb1 is up so much because of the X, that's been the story all year. Especially in October last year, both consoles had a bad month as not much was happening, and people were waiting for November more than ever. Switch still sold well last October however because of Mario Odyssey, and this October it hasn't had much so only 12% down is great. PS4 is just a monster, it doesn't really have a right to be up YOY as much as xbox but there ya go.

Kerotan

Super month for PS4. Decent for switch. Not great for xbox. They had that big xbox x promotion. Did we make October NPD predictions anywhere?

Jesus rick has all those fannies rattled. He literally has them sucking on his left ball. He's probably reading the thread laughing his dog off but also wondering why they aren't sucking his right one as well.

Edit: Just making a "quick" edit to correct a grammatical error.

Xevross

Super month for PS4. Decent for switch. Not great for xbox. They had that big xbox x promotion. Did we make October NPD predictions anywhere?

Jesus rick has all those fannies rattled. He literally has them sucking on his left ball. He's probably reading the thread laughing his dog off but also wondering why they aren't sucking his right one as well.

Edit: Just making a "quick" edit to correct a grammatical error.
I would say it is a great month for XB1 all things considered. +64% YOY is definitely a great result, and MS will be happy. But its true, there's no doubt they're having to do some big discounts to stay in touch with PS4 right now, however that has been the case all gen.

Um, what?

Xevross

We also didn't do predictions for this month, I think we stopped a while back because leaks stopped but now they're back it might be fun to do it again. My early guess for November is something like:

PS4 1.8M
Switch 1.5M
XB1 1.2M

kitler53

ps4 is pretty much guarenteed to win nov imo. 
spiderman. red dead.  a waaay better black friday deal then nintendo. 

switch may take december though. 
smash. pokemon. being the fruitcake of consoles. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Kerotan

I would say it is a great month for XB1 all things considered. +64% YOY is definitely a great result, and MS will be happy. But its true, there's no doubt they're having to do some big discounts to stay in touch with PS4 right now, however that has been the case all gen.

Um, what?
Well I wouldn't say big discounts to lose by over 100k to PS4 in a non holiday month is keeping in touch. Also it was only a 4 week month right? That's a pretty big loss. I'd guess they aren't clearing the channels fast enough and needed that promotion to make way for more shipments waiting to go out.

We'll see how November goes but if |Sony provide enough stock they will do a hell of a lot more then xbox.