Asgard's Wrath, VR's first real AAA exclusive

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 17, 2019, 01:21 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Quote from: IGN
Asgard's Wrath is a fantastic action-adventure RPG that can stand with the best of them on consoles and PC, but the fact that it's meticulously crafted for VR means it sits in a league of its own. Asgard's Wrath represents something VR enthusiasts have been waiting for for years now: the first absolute must-play virtual reality game that feels fully fleshed-out rather than a glorified tech demo. Its beautiful world, excellent combat, great interface, and straightforward but detailed story come together to form something spectacular.
Asgard's Wrath Review - IGN

Quote from: uploadVR
Asgard's Wrath is not only a step forward for Sanzaru Games as a development studio, but also a fundamental advancement for VR games in general. It's a captivating experience full of enchanting adventure from start to finish. When people buy a headset with the idea of visiting strange, beautiful, and rich new worlds full of exciting things they can only do in VR, this is the type of game they're imagining. There are some small gripes here and there and it's not perfect by any means, but it's certainly the best VR game yet that I've played. After over 25 hours of questing through the realms of Norse mythology, all I can think about is the laundry list of things I've still yet to discover. Asgard's Wrath is, from top to bottom, an extraordinary accomplishment.
Asgard's Wrath Review: VR's Most Ambitious And Robust Game Yet

Quote from: roadtoVR
Asgard's Wrath may not offer the richest melee combat experience out there, but this epic Norse saga serves up a truly competent RPG that's not only strong in the visual department but is also packed with a full set of VR-native controls, something that's been so far missing in ported RPGs. There may be some wonkiness when it comes to object interaction, but the charming set pieces and excellent character design lend a level of immersion to this truly feature-length game that's hard to beat.

Asgard's Wrath Review - VR's Epic Norse Saga of Godlike Proportions

Legend