Zelda Breath of the wild 2 announced!

Started by Legend, Jun 11, 2019, 04:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breath-of-the-wild-2-revisits-the-same-hyrule-eiji-aonuma.122821/

Well now we know. I'm okay with this. Hopefully there's new towns and a big mixup in things to find in the world, if it is the same map. Would be fun to see a rebuilt Hyrule.

DerNebel

....well that's not what I wanted to hear. We'll see what they'll do with this.

Legend

I don't see how the game could work with the same map. Hopefully he means it's similar to elder scrolls where the game takes place in a nearby region, even though that would be odd considering Zelda's past.

kitler53

nintendo is really the laziest developer ever.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

BananaKing

I'll hold judgment and know if they are using the same map or not. It could be the same hyrule, but a different part of it I guess.

If it is the same map and assests then dang, that would be lazy. But hey they will get perfect scores regardless.

Cute Pikachu

Y'all that meant same Hyrule lore wise. They said the map itself was different but this is the same hyrule(as in same location as hyrule in Breath of the Wild). Let's wait and see.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

Y'all that meant same Hyrule lore wise. They said the map itself was different but this is the same hyrule(as in same location as hyrule in Breath of the Wild). Let's wait and see.
Yeah it could be interpreted as that as well. I think we know for certain it ain't gonna be exactly the same map anyway.

Cute Pikachu

Also I wouldn't be shocked this takes places. Few years after Breath of the Wild, and there were more towns/expanded towns of the first Breath of the Wild.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

Also I wouldn't be shocked this takes places. Few years after Breath of the Wild, and there were more towns/expanded towns of the first Breath of the Wild.
Maybe it's different for hardcore zelda fans, but I loved how I had no clue where anything was in botw. A sequel in the same area, even with lots of changes, could just not have the same feeling of exploration.

Even with a fully new map though, the systems would need to be changed as well. Stasis, magnet, and freeze couldn't return. Otherwise everyone would start the game as an expert.

I don't know what they should do. It seems almost impossible for the next game to capture the same magic as the first. Maybe reusing the map and doing something different is the way to go.

Xevross

Maybe it's different for hardcore zelda fans, but I loved how I had no clue where anything was in botw. A sequel in the same area, even with lots of changes, could just not have the same feeling of exploration.

Even with a fully new map though, the systems would need to be changed as well. Stasis, magnet, and freeze couldn't return. Otherwise everyone would start the game as an expert.

I don't know what they should do. It seems almost impossible for the next game to capture the same magic as the first. Maybe reusing the map and doing something different is the way to go.
Yeah I really don't envy them having to figure out what to do with a sequel. Normally after I play games, even my favourites, I know exactly what I'd want to see changed or added in a sequel but for this I have no idea apart from a few QoL changes. I can say I'd love more story but would that then cause the game to be less free flowing and limit exploration?

BOTW was basically a magic formula and any change could ruin it, but I have faith they can nail it.

Go Up