Bananaking has joined the generation

Started by BananaKing, Feb 23, 2024, 04:14 AM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

Finally ordered a PS5! The New slim model with a disc drive. My first game will be god of war ragnorak. I ordered it as well. Both should arrive today. Really tempted to jump in on the hell divers hype as buy it

Legend

Very nice!

Be sure to play Horizon 2 too. Maybe you already played it on PS4, but I think that's my favorite next gen game so far.

BananaKing

Very nice!

Be sure to play Horizon 2 too. Maybe you already played it on PS4, but I think that's my favorite next gen game so far.
Nop. I saved the good exclusives for the PS5

God of war, miles morales, horizon.

I was every tempted to get horizon, but the complete edition was almost 20$ more than GoW. I was also tempted to get cyberpunk 2077 complete edition, but I opted for GoW as it's my favorite franchise.

So now I have God of war to beat, astro bot. And I have a huge backlog. I managed to get the mass effect Legendary edition for 6 bucks a while ago, but was saving it for the PS5 as I heard there were save transfer issues between 4 and 5. So that might be next. I might also get hell divers because it seems right up my alley.

kitler53

firstly, gratz!

secondly, as my typical play time is aligned with the peak playtime WW I have not been able to get into helldivers all week.  it's hasn't been a problem on non peak hours but I would suggest you consider that information on your helldivers purchase consideration.  the game is amazing but it may be worth waiting for things to get resolved on their servers. 

lastly,.. explain to me why now?   I've often wondered what drives a mid gen purchase. PS5 is still at the same price as launch.   it's BC with PS4 tiles with a massive improvement to load times.  personally I never jumped into a new gen faster.  usually I wait about a year to watch the sales (don't want to buy another dud console). this time the benefits was too great to wait. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

lastly,.. explain to me why now?   I've often wondered what drives a mid gen purchase. PS5 is still at the same price as launch.   it's BC with PS4 tiles with a massive improvement to load times.  personally I never jumped into a new gen faster.  usually I wait about a year to watch the sales (don't want to buy another dud console). this time the benefits was too great to wait.
I'm going to guess for most people it is finances or waiting for a specific game.

Personally been wanting a Series X for most of this generation, but it's rare that I have $500 that I would be wanting to spend on it.

kitler53

I'm going to guess for most people it is finances or waiting for a specific game.

Personally been wanting a Series X for most of this generation, but it's rare that I have $500 that I would be wanting to spend on it.
are you rethinking that now that series X games are coming to playstation?

i had a ps360wii and i regret the crud out of it.    i spent/wasted soooo much money on hardware only to basically just play my ps3.   i didn't like switching between systems and ps3 by itself had more games than i could play.  

i can see the motivation to have an xbox/nintendo or playstation/nintendo because they have very different ethos.  ....but having an xbox/playstation feel like 99% redundant.   i'm more than happy to pass on a couple of games to save the $500+ in hardware PLUS a yearly subscription fee.   

i guess i always have a spare $500 laying around.  it's just that ps5 is the same $500 today that it was 3 years ago.   for the same $500 i got 3 extra years of use vs waiting.   but i suppose if you need 3 years to save up that $500 i guess waiting makes sense.  i just can't personally relate to that.

darkknightkryta

Still don't have a PS5, probably never will.  I might buy a PS6 is it's BC with PS4 and PS5.

kitler53

Still don't have a PS5, probably never will.  I might buy a PS6 is it's BC with PS4 and PS5.
on PC?

PC is becoming 99.5% redundant with consoles now that MS/Sony is publishing their games there.   It used to be that ~33% of console gamers also had a gaming capable PC.    i can't see why those 33% of gamers would buy any console anymore.   

the-pi-guy

are you rethinking that now that series X games are coming to playstation?
Depends on Halo, Gears mostly.
I never got to play the original ones.

kitler53

Depends on Halo, Gears mostly.
I never got to play the original ones.
...get a PC.   

https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1097840/Gears_5/

get everything that xbox gets and more!     ...and no subscription required to play!!

the-pi-guy

...get a PC.  

https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1097840/Gears_5/

get everything that xbox gets and more!     ...and no subscription required to play!!
I have it on PC (and I have a great PC)

But I don't really want to play on PC.

kitler53

I have it on PC (and I have a great PC)

But I don't really want to play on PC.

the-pi-guy

I spend a lot of money on games and movies.

Don't particularly regret that.  :P

kitler53

Feb 23, 2024, 04:53 PM Last Edit: Feb 23, 2024, 04:55 PM by kitler53
I spend a lot of money on games and movies.

Don't particularly regret that.  :P
same.  and i technically have the money to "burn".   but no matter how much money i have i still live in a poor mindset.   i just can't bring myself to spend money that i don't really need to spend.   not buying hardware i don't really need is certainly one facet of that mindset.   i also very rarely buy games day-1.   

darkknightkryta

on PC?

PC is becoming 99.5% redundant with consoles now that MS/Sony is publishing their games there.   It used to be that ~33% of console gamers also had a gaming capable PC.    i can't see why those 33% of gamers would buy any console anymore.  
I've been PCing.  It's more for playing with friends.  My friends are on console and won't get PCs.  But yeah, it's why I didn't get a PS5