China Approves Sale of 5 million Xbox One units

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 20, 2014, 02:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

China has approved the sale of 5 million Xbox One units, opening the way for Microsoft to make a big splash in the country's emerging console sector.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2467000/china-paving-the-way-for-big-xbox-one-sales.html

ethomaz

They expect to sell 5 million lifetime?

Xevross

They expect to sell 5 million lifetime?

Probably not, which is why they're ok with the cap

7H3

hmm well at least they have 5 million dedicated to that country and if / when they sell through all of them I'm sure china would work with MS to sell more if it was equitable to China anyways
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

ethomaz

Probably not, which is why they're ok with the cap

Seems a bit low to be fair... I know the situation in Chine but there are 1 billion guys there.

Xevross

Seems a bit low to be fair... I know the situation in Chine but there are 1 billion guys there.

I guess we'll find out! It'll be interesting to see the PS: XB1 ratio over there

Raven

I can't wait to see the misinterpreted fanboy posts on this one. "OMG! X1 sold 5 MILLION in China! LOL BYE PS4!"

7H3

I don't know the full gaming situation over they but I expect it to sell very well very quickly... Sony made a big mistake meeting them get there first

Xevross

I don't know the full gaming situation over they but I expect it to sell very well very quickly... Sony made a big mistake meeting them get there first

I agree, I just hope Sony launches there soon. Any chance of a 2014 launch do you think?

7H3

I'm not sure... I haven't been keeping up to date regularly on my sony news feed... They may be waiting and watching to see what happens... I mean maybe XB1 launch won't mean anything as China has gone long enough with out consoles to get their gaming fixes else where... maybe they are more mobile focussed I don't know

Xevross

I'm not sure... I haven't been keeping up to date regularly on my sony news feed... They may be waiting and watching to see what happens... I mean maybe XB1 launch won't mean anything as China has gone long enough with out consoles to get their gaming fixes else where... maybe they are more mobile focussed I don't know

lol well I don't think XB1 will do very well but who knows! Sony should get there quick just in case it takes off. Or maybe they might be anticipating some supply issues this holiday so want to concentrate as many units on USA and Europe as they can

7H3

lol well I don't think XB1 will do very well but who knows! Sony should get there quick just in case it takes off. Or maybe they might be anticipating some supply issues this holiday so want to concentrate as many units on USA and Europe as they can

Sounds reasonable and could be detrimental if MS has 5m focussed units for that region and sony has few and that market explodes... it would be very hard for Sony to capture that ground if XB1 gets a big lead very early as "everyone" will have the one and not the other so everyone wanting to get a console will be looking to get the one everyone else has already purchased

Raven

Except surveys have shown a much greater preference for PS4 among Chinese gamers. Those consoles have already been available in China. This is what many people don't seem to understand. This is little more than an official Chinese launch of the console. They have already been selling there unofficially. Much the same way the 360 wasn't officially launched in Pakistan but still sells there.

ethomaz

Ohhhhh I read the news.

Projects 50m Consoles in next 5 years

Well 5 million is just for Xbox One in some period... they expect 50m userbase across all consoles in 5 years... better numbers ;)

7H3

Ohhhhh I read the news.

Projects 50m Consoles in next 5 years

Well 5 million is just for Xbox One | The All-in-one Entertainment System from Xbox in some period... they expect 50m userbase across all consoles in 5 years... better numbers ;)

very interesting...
is there any stats on previous gen sales in china?