Google gaming keynote | March 19th, San Francisco

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 10, 2019, 01:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

the-pi-guy

I was secretly hoping they'd have a console to be released.

Legend

I really like their goal but this conference really ignored a lot of key details. Should have either had more flash or actually explained some things.

the-pi-guy

Truly a #GDC showing.  Although, it was light on details

the-pi-guy

I hope Sony does something similar to their PS4 announcement for PS5.   This made me excited for it.  

Legend

The big thing for me was that this really kicks off next gen. It's also good because it gives Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft plenty of time to craft their responses.

Also can we go back to the fact that they happily showed a reddit post being used for marketing? Is Chrome going to automagically add these play now buttons to everything or are websites OK with that?

DerNebel

This shame was painfully boring.

nnodley

They have a lot of big promises to fill.

the-pi-guy

What if Stadia comes to Xbox and PS?  

Legend

What if Stadia comes to Xbox and PS?  
I don't think either would allow it in the current form. No way to make any money off of it.

the-pi-guy

I don't think either would allow it in the current form. No way to make any money off of it.
True.  

I'm guessing it'll be a monthly subscription.  Unless Sony/MS could get into a deal with Google or maybe get their own subscription that would work on top of it.  

Although it'd be funny if the console web browsers basically accidentally supported it.  

Legend

True.  

I'm guessing it'll be a monthly subscription.  Unless Sony/MS could get into a deal with Google or maybe get their own subscription that would work on top of it.  

Although it'd be funny if the console web browsers basically accidentally supported it.  
In the test last year did it work on every browser or just chrome? I would not be surprised if it's purposefully designed as a chrome feature instead of a web feature.

the-pi-guy

In the test last year did it work on every browser or just chrome? I would not be surprised if it's purposefully designed as a chrome feature instead of a web feature.
Just chrome.  

They said in the stream that it was going to initially be Chrome exclusive, but other browsers would be supported in the future.  

Legend

I mean it should have been obvious but stadia is regular streaming tech with the same issues as other platforms.

166 ms lag.

Dr. Pezus

Having split screen with no drop in quality is pretty sweet though

Go Up