Star Citizen

Started by Raven, Jan 23, 2017, 05:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

It's not developed by CIG. It's being developed by a partner studio. It's also about improving the communication tools for organizations. What exists right now is an incredibly early version. They want to make sure this thing is ready to go by release.
I thought Spectrum was essentially their version of steam's community features. It's not?

Raven

I thought Spectrum was essentially their version of steam's community features. It's not?
It's an all encompassing communication tool. At least that's what is planned. Regardless of what it is, it's not CIG making it and they want it to be able to do all sorts of things. Including being able to track stuff happening in-game even if you're not logged in.

Legend

It's an all encompassing communication tool. At least that's what is planned. Regardless of what it is, it's not CIG making it and they want it to be able to do all sorts of things. Including being able to track stuff happening in-game even if you're not logged in.
No I wasn't worried about CIG making it, just that I don't see the benefits until the game has more going on.

Raven

Feb 18, 2017, 11:01 PM Last Edit: Feb 18, 2017, 11:02 PM by Raven
No I wasn't worried about CIG making it, just that I don't see the benefits until the game has more going on.
The initial version right now is just dedicated forums for your organization and the forums that previously existed, a better way to track private messages, chat lobbies and one for your org (which existed before but were very bland), and generally just a faster way to navigate them. The end product will have a lot more to it like voice chat, a way to see the fleet of your org, what is selling where, what your friends are doing in the game, etc. With 3.0 coming out later this year, probably a good idea that they start rolling it out now in small steps. Step one is just an enhancement of existing communication tools.

Raven

This Friday, a concept sale for the newest ship will be taking place. It's called the Anvil Hurricane.

Legend

2017 WEEK 8

Raven

Mar 04, 2017, 04:44 AM Last Edit: Mar 04, 2017, 04:46 AM by Raven
2017 WEEK 9

The schedule report for 2.6.2 is out. Estimated release date is March 23rd. There really isn't much to it. Pretty much just a polish and networking improvement patch. Mega Map for multiplayer is being implemented as well. That will make one of the major tech implementations taken care of since it already works for the single player modes.

Legend

Raven

Mining in 3.0 Confirmed! : starcitizen
I think it's safe to say that their road map from CitizenCon has changed substantially over the last 4 months. It really wouldn't surprise me to see the original 3.0 patch plan be changed to fewer patches with more content.

Raven

Legend

It just keeps going!

nnodley

It just keeps going!

They should not be hurting whatsoever making this game.  I keep hoping for an environment art position to open up at their LA studio, but nothing so far.

Legend

Oh my the last few minutes are wonderful looking.

Raven

Raven

Go Up