previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

DD_Bwest

there she is,   getting excited for spacex's first launch from this pad

Aura7541

Legend

DD_Bwest

so tomorrow will put the first flames through that trench since the shuttle.  

Legend

Legend

Yay!

Legend

Oh boy!

Will be the fastest turnaround time for SpaceX ever, if the date holds.

DD_Bwest

dang thatll be sweet!   hopefully they can keep up the pace lol  

Legend

dang thatll be sweet!   hopefully they can keep up the pace lol  
Plus rain is expected this weekend so CRS might be delayed to monday. If they can do an 8 day turnaround, that'd be amazing.

The new strongback drops back 90 degrees at launch so it should need much less refurbishment than the others.

DD_Bwest

Plus rain is expected this weekend so CRS might be delayed to monday. If they can do an 8 day turnaround, that'd be amazing.

The new strongback drops back 90 degrees at launch so it should need much less refurbishment than the others.
Plus isnt the pad also fit for Falcon heavy launches?   gotta imagine that if the pad is built for 27 engines blasting, 9 engines probably wont cause as much flame/heat damage  lol

Legend

Plus isnt the pad also fit for Falcon heavy launches?   gotta imagine that if the pad is built for 27 engines blasting, 9 engines probably wont cause as much flame/heat damage  lol
Well the pad was originally built for the Saturn V so the general stuff sure should be fine!

DD_Bwest

thats a great shot! i wonder if the can launch the ITS from there lol

Legend

thats a great shot! i wonder if the can launch the ITS from there lol
Yes 39A is the planned ITS pad last we heard.

Legend

DD_Bwest

so excited.   i hear the weather for saturday is looking better compared to how it looked before.  

Sunday is even earlier in the morning then saturday lol so im hoping it isnt pushed back lol

Go Up