John McCain, 81, passes away

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 26, 2018, 01:21 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

John McCain, senator and former presidential candidate, dies at 81 - CNNPolitics

McCain, who has died at the age of 81, was a naval bomber pilot, prisoner of war, conservative maverick, giant of the Senate, twice-defeated presidential candidate and an abrasive American hero with a twinkle in his eye.
The Arizonan warrior politician, who survived plane crashes, several bouts of skin cancer and brushes with political oblivion, often seemed to be perpetually waging a race against time and his own mortality while striving to ensure that his five-and-a-half years as a Vietnam prisoner of war did not stand as the defining experience of his life.

Legend

I hadn't heard anything in the news for a while so I was hoping he had improved. Death sucks.

the-pi-guy

I hadn't heard anything in the news for a while so I was hoping he had improved. Death sucks.
There was a report, just a couple days ago, that his treatment was being stopped.  

DD_Bwest

:( truely sad.  

Cute Pikachu

The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

Jeez that was fast after stopping his treatment. RIP.

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

What treatment?
No idea but apparently it isn't unusual to try several different types of treatment.

Dr. Pezus

No idea but apparently it isn't unusual to try several different types of treatment.
I mean for what?

Xevross

darkknightkryta

It's bad when you get brain cancer, never goes away.  R.I.P.

Dr. Pezus

It's bad when you get brain cancer, never goes away.  R.I.P.
Well it depends on the type but generally for old people yeah