The Anime Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown
Go Down

darkknightkryta

Bruh, don't always have to watch a show for two natural pines.  
There are lots of explosions and fire in InuYasha.  
Better is subjective.  
Watch the show for a flying three eyed cow alone.  
Yes it is.  :o

I gotta make a big list of my animes soon...
There's a website for that!

the-pi-guy

There's a website for that!
I know.  :P

It's called VizionEck!!!  :D

Raven

Bruh, don't always have to watch a show for two natural pines.  
There are lots of explosions and fire in InuYasha.  
Better is subjective.  
Watch the show for a flying three eyed cow alone.  
Yes it is.  :o

I gotta make a big list of my animes soon...
You asked me what more I could ask for and I told you. Telling me what I don't have to watch a show for and then following it up by telling me that better is subjective is pretty interesting. I've watched the show. I don't like any of the recurring characters save for the perverted monk. I feel it's incredibly overrated. You're not going to convince me otherwise because I already tried to like it. I was left very far from liking it. So I will always refer to this anime you like as "crud".

the-pi-guy

You asked me what more I could ask for and I told you. Telling me what I don't have to watch a show for and then following it up by telling me that better is subjective is pretty interesting. I've watched the show. I don't like any of the recurring characters save for the perverted monk. I feel it's incredibly overrated. You're not going to convince me otherwise because I already tried to like it. I was left very far from liking it. So I will always refer to this anime you like as "crud".
I'm not trying to convince you to like it.  Hate it as much as you like. But don't make me feel inferior!   :'(

Lol :)

Raven

I'm not trying to convince you to like it.  Hate it as much as you like. But don't make me feel inferior!   :'(

Lol :)
YOU ARE INFERIOR!!!!  >:(

JK <3

darkknightkryta

Saw the Attack on Titans movie last night.

darkknightkryta

No one's going to ask me what I thought of Attack on Titans?  :(

Legend

No one's going to ask me what I thought of Attack on Titans?  :(
How long had you been waiting for this day?

darkknightkryta

How long had you been waiting for this day?
A month I think.  I bought the tickets back in the summer.  

Raven

Oct 18, 2015, 04:59 AM Last Edit: Oct 18, 2015, 05:07 AM by Raven

Okay, I need to vent about something regarding a typical anime character type. I am getting REALLY tired of these male characters who act like total pansies around girls who are throwing themselves at them. I'm cool with that character type for the most part. Trying to create an innocent and respectable character. It's also often teenage guys who get easily flustered. I get that. However, it would just be nice for a change for the male characters to be more aggressive a little more often. Like this anime I'm watching right now called The Asterisk War. The hot student council president goes to thank the main male character for his compliance to her request by basically offering him naughtiness and making it pretty clear that it's not against her will at all. That she probably would have done it regardless. She takes his hand and makes him grab one of her two natural pines. This guy totally freaks and runs away. He has no obligation to any other female characters and it seems clear he's not gay. She is quite attractive, she just asked him to put himself in harms way, they are alone, and she's basically top dog of the student body. What. The. fudge?

darkknightkryta

Okay, I need to vent about something regarding a typical anime character type. I am getting REALLY tired of these male characters who act like total pansies around girls who are throwing themselves at them. I'm cool with that character type for the most part. Trying to create an innocent and respectable character. It's also often teenage guys who get easily flustered. I get that. However, it would just be nice for a change for the male characters to be more aggressive a little more often. Like this anime I'm watching right now called The Asterisk War. The hot student council president goes to thank the main male character for his compliance to her request by basically offering him naughtiness and making it pretty clear that it's not against her will at all. That she probably would have done it regardless. She takes his hand and makes him grab one of her two natural pines. This guy totally freaks and runs away. He has no obligation to any other female characters and it seems clear he's not gay. She is quite attractive, she just asked him to put himself in harms way, they are alone, and she's basically top dog of the student body. What. The. fudge?
It's called "Comedy" get it or GTFO!  Seriously though, it's a standard comedy trope.  Which is starting to run its course.  Though, there are other forms of anime where the male character doesn't run away.

Aura7541

If you really want to see an anime where the male protag isn't a pansy, I don't recommend this, but you kinda did ask for it....

Spoiler for Hidden:
Shinmai Maou no Testament

Raven

If you really want to see an anime where the male protag isn't a pansy, I don't recommend this, but you kinda did ask for it....

Spoiler for Hidden:
Shinmai Maou no Testament

Seen it.

It's called "Comedy" get it or GTFO!  Seriously though, it's a standard comedy trope.  Which is starting to run its course.  Though, there are other forms of anime where the male character doesn't run away.
It ran its course with me a while ago.

NeverDies

Anyone seen One Punch Man? It's awesome!

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

darkknightkryta

Seen it.
It ran its course with me a while ago.
Yeah, Kill La Kill was honestly the first anime in a long time that just destroyed all anime conventions and poked fun at them all.  Hasn't been much since (Though it has only been two years).  Still, I wonder what's going to happen now that all the longer running Shonen Jump animes have finally finished.  Nothing has really come around to take over Naruto and Bleach.

Go Up