Do you think Sony should push BC, and do you care?

Started by the-pi-guy, May 22, 2020, 06:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Legend

I think it would be a great feature to have. Zero enhancements, just the old games running on the current system.

No clue if they should push it. I assume it's a feature that wouldn't be used that much and could even turn into negative PR if players expect enhancements.

Xevross

Yes and yes. I care because it would be awesome, even though I don't have any old games lying around that could make use of it.

Legend

Yes and yes. I care because it would be awesome, even though I don't have any old games lying around that could make use of it.
What is the oldest game you still have?

Xevross

What is the oldest game you still have?
I think we might have some ps2 games like GTA San Andreas lying around but my mum and sister may have sold them all. If not then I just have ps4 games.

kitler53

i have no desire to play ps1 or ps2 games in their original format.  i like the remasters but i have no need for BC of those gens.  

ps3 would be more intesting but not interesting enough to be worth the investment. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I think we might have some ps2 games like GTA San Andreas lying around but my mum and sister may have sold them all. If not then I just have ps4 games.
Did you skip the PS3 gen?

I sold some old games once and made like $20 off 5 of them. Never doing that again!

i have no desire to play ps1 or ps2 games in their original format.  i like the remasters but i have no need for BC of those gens.  

ps3 would be more intesting but not interesting enough to be worth the investment.
I don't think I'd ever plan ahead and play a PS1 or PS2 game again, but when friends are over it's sometimes fun to pull one out for 30 minutes.

the-pi-guy

I have been wanting to play some PS2 games.  There are some good games on the platform that just don't have sequels or remasters.  Like Dark Cloud (which funny enough is on the PS2 on PS4). 

I largely missed out on the PS1 generation, and the few I care about have remade titles now.  So I wouldn't care there.  Although being able to download new games like the PS1 versions of FFVIII and FFIX might be pretty awesome.

PS2 and PS3 emulation though, I'd honestly pay money for that. I'd love to replay inFamous.

Xevross

Did you skip the PS3 gen?

I sold some old games once and made like $20 off 5 of them. Never doing that again!
Nope but that was the age when I had no money and I traded in all the games I owned so I could afford more stuff.

darkknightkryta

PS3 BC is the only thing that would make me buy a PS5 right away.  My PS2 is my PSX player so I keep that plugged in.  I use the texture filter features, which is why I don't use the PS3's emulator.

Legend

Random fun thing I remembered, I played Spyro on Vita using remote play and PS3 PS1 BC.

With remote play on PS5 it would be pretty nice to have old games on the go.

BananaKing

I think they should emulate PS3 games on PS5 and offer them  digitally.  They should make them run at dynamic resolutions and uncapped framterates. So in the future these games can benefit from higher resolutions and fps by default when running on BC PS6/7

darkknightkryta

I think a blanket emulator might get them out of legal troubles.  The PSX emulator in the PS3 seems to not be an issue for licensing.