The tale of Jaffe

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 06, 2018, 01:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

The law is freedom of speech. No one should be blocked from speaking their beliefs. That being said, if what they say insights hatred, discrimination or violence, then they absolutely should be stopped and punished.

And the whole platform thing, it depends who's platform it is. People who own a platform have the right to remove people if they say things against their terms/ beliefs.

My opinion on someone like Milo, is that he should be allowed to say what he has to say. But he's doing so on social media, and those media platforms have every right, and should, take down someone like him. He had the freedom to use it speak what he wants, but he ruined it for himself by inciting hatred.
I agree with you... talk about what you want since you don't harm anybody else.... if that the case it should have some penalties.

And finally I understood what platform means lol

So platform means social media platforms like Twiiter, Facebook, etc.

It is a bit hard to say what is right or what is wrong here... first if it was a private owner like this forum I think the owner has the right to allow or not who he things deserves be in that community.

But Facebook is a public social media owned by a public company (the company is private I know... public I mean that in the term of a service used by the public... or everybody). When you have a public service like Facebook you can't create any type of rule anymore... you probably needs to have a TOS that is agreed by the user when he enter in the community and worst if you try to change it you need the users to agree again.

It is not that easy to be fair.

I don't think any public social media platform has the right to block or ban anybody from their platform without a law order... it just doesn't seem right to me.

What the platform should do is give users tools to block what they don't want to read/face in that platform.