Started by Legend, Jun 12, 2018, 03:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Y'all calling it a port of Smash 4.
Completely revamped moves for almost every fighter
Tons of new stages
It's not even the same engine.

It's not a port lol.
Yeah I wouldn't say its a port. But its not a fully new game either.

No debate over how good it looks though... because it looks amaaaaazeballs

Xevross

We haven't talked about Mew being pokeball plus exclusive... what a shaming move.

Legend

Y'all calling it a port of Smash 4.
Completely revamped moves for almost every fighter
Tons of new stages
It's not even the same engine.

It's not a port lol.
What new stages are there?

I saw the botw one.

It's definitely an ultimate version of the Wii U game. It's even named that way!

This game is about making the best version of Smash, not about making the next version of Smash.

DerNebel

Jun 12, 2018, 08:00 PM Last Edit: Jun 13, 2018, 03:31 PM by DerNebel
We haven't talked about Mew being pokeball plus exclusive... what a shaming move.
What is there to talk about? Nintendo is a scummy company that loves money gouging their fanbase and said fanbase is always ready to throw more money at even the dumbest shame Nintendo puts out, so they kinda deserve it anyways. Especially since the fans at times even go so far as to defend this shame as well.

Xevross

So good. I'm gonna miss him :'(

Kerotan

Nintendos line up is just tragic. Ports and enhanced ports galore. I would have thought dropping the 3ds and Wii u in favour of 1 hybrid console would have led to an actual big and awesome line up. Also 90% of big third parties are ignoring them looking at what was shown at e3. Where did it all go wrong?

kitler53

Nintendos line up is just tragic. Ports and enhanced ports galore. I would have thought dropping the 3ds and Wii u in favour of 1 hybrid console would have led to an actual big and awesome line up. Also 90% of big third parties are ignoring them looking at what was shown at e3. Where did it all go wrong?
the third party thing is understandable.  switch is for all intents and purposes a handheld console.  the ability to get any ports is pretty impressive but much like vita making a port will be harder and harder to justify as game technology marches on and makes better use of higher spec hardware.

i have not clue what's wrong with nintendo.  with only 1 hardware games from them should be pouring in.    has nintendo ever committed to only having 1 hardware?  i know the fans talk about it all time but i don't remember nintendo ever stating it.  maybe they have more hardware coming in a year or so??

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Any cool reveals or showings on treehouse? The direct might have been poor but in the past treehouse made up for it.

darkknightkryta

As it has been pointed out, Nintendo is a scummy company.  They at least used to repackage their old titles as new titles.  They're straight up re-releasing old titles.  For all the shame Nintendo fans used to give Sony for porting The Last of Us over (God of War 3 and Uncharted collection wasn't announced at that point), they sure seemed to have changed their tune.  90% of the Switch library being the Wii U library.

Cute Pikachu

There all scummy. All of them try to pull shame.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

There all scummy. All of them try to pull shame.
Yeah plus how is SSBU scummy? It's awesome for smash fans.

Cute Pikachu

Jun 13, 2018, 04:44 PM Last Edit: Jun 13, 2018, 04:48 PM by Cute Pikachu
I mean I can understand the Mew thing is scummy, I agree. However, all th companies release ports for full price so it's fine. No harm no foul to anyone. Plus Switch and PS4 have larger markets then their predecessors dreamed of so its to let more people have a chance at those games. No thing wrong with it.

Also new titles for Switch after 2018 is over:
Breath of the Wild
ARMS
Splatoon 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Mario and Rabbids
Kirby Star Allies
Nintendo Labo
Mario Tennis Aces
Sushi Striker
Super Mario Party
Pokémon Let's Go
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Octopath Travellor
Total: 15
Ports so far
Mario Kart 8D
Pokken DX
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors DX
Donkey Kong Country TF
Captain Toad
6 ports
15/21 Nintendo major exclusives are new games so it's oer hyperbole about the ports.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

kitler53

i wouldn't call nintendo "scummy" for what they created with smash ultimate.  i buy lots of remasters.  i like remasters.  i don't want to live in a world without them.  i just take exception to a remaster being called a "brand new entry" just because it has 2 new characters.  that's a "dlc" amount of content.   and if you want proof that is is an enhanced port all you need to do is look at the release schedule...  ultimate will be released with half the development cycle.

i mean, if smash ultimate is a brand new game then the switch release of tropical freeze would be too since they introduced 1 new playable character.   ..but its not.  it is the ultimate port.

nintendo fans are just the worst though.  i'm still angry about the "TLoU Remaster has no right to exist" thread.

Legend

@kitler
Yeah exactly.

Ports are great. Improved ports/remakes are also great.

I'm excited for SSB Ultimate but I'd also be bummed if it's the only Smash game the Switch gets.

kitler53

@kitler
Yeah exactly.

Ports are great. Improved ports/remakes are also great.

I'm excited for SSB Ultimate but I'd also be bummed if it's the only Smash game the Switch gets.

i think it will be but i 100% expect at least two dlc expansion packs  
 - new levels
 - single player campaign mode
 - challenges

Go Up