FF7 Remake has shifted to internal development

Started by Raven, May 29, 2017, 06:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Final Fantasy VII Remake shifts toward internal development - Nova Crystallis

Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Continue Development in-House by Square Enix

It really sounds like Square Enix wasn't happy with the quality of the title as it was with their external partners. The project was predominantly being handled by CyberConnect2 with oversight by SE staff. It is now being shifted to an internal development team with Naoki Hamaguchi having the top development role. His last project was Mobius Final Fantasy. Schedule stability and ensured higher quality were listed as the two biggest benefits to this shift. I guess that explains why we're now hearing it could be a little while yet before the game releases. My money is on CC2 screwing the pooch on development and Nomura being too preoccupied with Kingdom Hearts 3 to be able to get a grip on things. Assuming Hamaguchi has indeed replaced him, which is what it sounds like.

Xevross

Oh, I guess this is going to be at least another 5 years down the line then ;D

Legend

IT'll have so many years of development that re-announcing the game in 6 years will be huge news.

BasilZero

Which is why I'm not even remotely hyped up for it.

Learned my lesson with Versus XIII/XV lol

I'm more excited for KH3 but even that looks like it'll be heading towards the same way as this game.

Tabata save us! (lol jk).

Raven

You Probably Won't Have to Wait Three Years for Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts III

The author doesn't think it's going to take three years for these games to release. He points out that the Marvel game to be made by SE will not be officially revealed until sometime next year (2018), and it's a part of the games SE was saying could release WITHIN the next three years. According to him, that could easily be the game causing SE to talk about "the next three years" because it would actually make sense that a game that is about a year away from official reveal wouldn't release for another year or two after. He believes people took the statement a little out of context and started freaking out that KH3 and FF7R would not release until around 2020.

darkknightkryta

You Probably Won't Have to Wait Three Years for Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts III

The author doesn't think it's going to take three years for these games to release. He points out that the Marvel game to be made by SE will not be officially revealed until sometime next year (2018), and it's a part of the games SE was saying could release WITHIN the next three years. According to him, that could easily be the game causing SE to talk about "the next three years" because it would actually make sense that a game that is about a year away from official reveal wouldn't release for another year or two after. He believes people took the statement a little out of context and started freaking out that KH3 and FF7R would not release until around 2020.
They'll probably reach a decent deadline for the first part of FF 7.  But I doubt it's going to end up right.  If they cancelled their contract because they weren't happy with how the title was turning out, then there's going to be a lot of reworking when they bring the title in house.