Mass Effect: new game and Legendary Edition

Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 07, 2020, 03:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Nov 07, 2020, 03:44 PM Last Edit: Nov 07, 2020, 04:49 PM by the-pi-guy
For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It's been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements. As game developers, we always hope that our games will transcend their original platforms. Having the opportunity to remaster the trilogy means that the fruits of a decade of our work will live on, and will be experienced better and clearer than ever before.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs - all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!

Meanwhile here at BioWare, a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. We are in early stages on the project and can't say any more just yet, but we're looking forward to sharing our vision for where we'll be going next.
https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

the-pi-guy

Confirmed now.

kitler53

cool.  I've only played the demo on 360 but that first hour was pretty good.  my best friend loves the franchise.  I always met to give it a go but just didn't get around to it.  maybe this time around. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Wait what? I finally read the title fully.

New game!?!?

the-pi-guy

Wait what? I finally read the title fully.

New game!?!?
I even put new game first hoping people would notice!  

Meanwhile here at BioWare, a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. We are in early stages on the project and can't say any more just yet, but we're looking forward to sharing our vision for where we'll be going next
Hopefully Bioware gets space to do well.

darkknightkryta

Nov 08, 2020, 01:29 AM Last Edit: Nov 08, 2020, 01:31 AM by darkknightkryta
cool.  I've only played the demo on 360 but that first hour was pretty good.  my best friend loves the franchise.  I always met to give it a go but just didn't get around to it.  maybe this time around.
You never played any of the Mass Effect games?

nnodley

Can't wait to jump back in and play the updated trilogy!

Legend

I even put new game first hoping people would notice!  

Hopefully Bioware gets space to do well.
Wouldn't mind a sequel to Andromeda.

kitler53

You never played any of the Mass Effect games?
nope.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

nope.
I don't think they've aged that well. Felt so innovative at the time.

I started with Mass Effect 2 and it was incredible. Had the best opening in a game ever. Few months ago I watched the opening on youtube and it looked like a joke  :'(

darkknightkryta

I don't think they've aged that well. Felt so innovative at the time.

I started with Mass Effect 2 and it was incredible. Had the best opening in a game ever. Few months ago I watched the opening on youtube and it looked like a joke  :'(
I remember playing Mass Effect 1 on my 11 inch Alienware.  I was casually playing it, until I got near the end.  Which also happens to coincide with the ps3 demo of Mass Effect 2, which was also the beginning.  They both got me hyped.  I enjoyed 2 a lot.  Even 3.Not sure how they hold up today.  Ilayd Mass Effect 2 on PC maybe 5 years ago last?  I still enjoyed it then.