Bloomberg Japan: multiple buyers interested in Square Enix

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 16, 2021, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

I feel bad for whoever is gonna buy them. Square Enix is a mess. They take forever to produce titles, they keep announcing games too early, and they mismanage their bigger projects on a regular basis. Whoever is gonna buy them is gonna buy a shame storm.

Legend

All my homies hate acquisition wars.

I feel bad for whoever is gonna buy them. Square Enix is a mess. They take forever to produce titles, they keep announcing games too early, and they mismanage their bigger projects on a regular basis. Whoever is gonna buy them is gonna buy a shame storm.
Microsoft needs Baland Wonderland for themselves.

kitler53

it will be MS for sure.

i fudgy hate MS right now.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Really surprised SE responded so fast.  

No offers, they are not looking to sell.

Legend

It's bloomberg, I should have seen this coming.

SE probably had to legally respond because the stock was surging, or is that not a thing?

BananaKing

Bruh, I once did a joke thread on vgchartz that someone is gonna buy techland/deep silver. And they put out a statement saying "rumors of the company being bought are untrue"

the-pi-guy

It's bloomberg, I should have seen this coming.
Technically this doesn't mean the report is wrong, just that it hasn't gone anywhere and that SE isn't interested

SE probably had to legally respond because the stock was surging, or is that not a thing?
This is probably the case.

Even if they didn't legally have to respond, probably a good idea to respond for legal reasons to avoid being accused of market manipulation.

Bruh, I once did a joke thread on vgchartz that someone is gonna buy techland/deep silver. And they put out a statement saying "rumors of the company being bought are untrue"
lol
It just seems to be different with some companies.  
People have been talking about Sega being bought by MS for a while, and nothing has been put out.  

BananaKing

Thats because Sega has no fudgy idea whats going on in the world

Xevross

The source was some bankers.

Smells like stock manipulation.