Why is every place making copycat chicken sandwiches?

Started by Legend, Mar 21, 2021, 12:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I tried mcdonalds. Quality was trash. One had two patties and another tasted/looked like pork.

Just gonna stick with chick fil a

the-pi-guy

Vizioneck chicken sandwich confirmed?  

nnodley

Nahhhh you wrong.  The mcdonalds spicy crispy chicken sandwich is fiiiiire.  Your mcdonalds just must be trash.  heheh

chick fil a's is still one of the best though.

SWORDF1SH

Why do you have beef with McDonald's over chicken?

Xevross

Copycat? A chicken sandwich is a chicken sandwich.

McDonald's Chicken Legend is delicious anyways

Legend

Copycat? A chicken sandwich is a chicken sandwich.

McDonald's Chicken Legend is delicious anyways
Chickfila literally invented the chicken sandwhich, but up till now most places have tried to be unique.

Now it seems every fast food place is putting crispy chicken with pickles between a bun. McDonalds even puts their new crispy chicken in an identical wrapper to Chickfila.

Xevross

Chickfila literally invented the chicken sandwhich, but up till now most places have tried to be unique.

Now it seems every fast food place is putting crispy chicken with pickles between a bun. McDonalds even puts their new crispy chicken in an identical wrapper to Chickfila.
I strongly doubt that Chickfila invented the chicken sandwich. They might have made the first burger style chicken sandwich available in a restaurant but people will have been having chicken on sandwiches for a while, and its hardly something you can claim copyright over, its a very simple concept.

Anyway I found this:

Chick-fil-A claims that it invented the fried chicken sandwich in the 1940s. This claim is unsubstantiated, though the Chick-fil-A southern-style chicken sandwich (served with pickles on a steamed roll), introduced on March 21, 1964, was most likely the first chicken sandwich introduced by a fast food restaurant chain.
So okay, I guess they could well have invented the fried chicken sandwich, but you weren't clear you were just talking about that. And what I said still applies.

I bet local places do more unique and better quality stuff than a fast-food chick-fil-A style anyway. Fast food chains will always copy each other's stuff if its successful.

Xevross

Oh yeah chick-fil-a is that trash anti-LGBT place. Well fudge 'em I'm glad there's none in the UK.