Desicion Time...

Started by kitler53, Feb 14, 2021, 08:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

Mario 3D All-Stars will be removed from the digital store soon so I need to make a decision soon.  Facts:

1. I don't own a switch
2. I think I probably will due to my almost 7 year old son
3. mario galaxy is one of the greatest games ever
4. mario 64 is one of the worst
5. I've never played mario sunshine
6. I have galaxy on wii.  I've purchased an adapter so I can output via hdmi to overcome nintendo's terrible support for modern technology. 
7. $60 is an infuriating amount of money for a lazy port
8. it is total bullshat that they are pulling it from the digital store making me even consider this purchase. 

do I or don't I buy?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Legend

Well if you somehow think Super Mario 64 is a horrible game, you're gonna hate Sunshine probably.

the-pi-guy

Well if you somehow think Super Mario 64 is a horrible game, you're gonna hate Sunshine probably.
Personally I thought sunshine was better.  

Although to be fair, I didn't give 64 a great chance. It just felt very outdated.

kitler53

Personally I thought sunshine was better.  

Although to be fair, I didn't give 64 a great chance. It just felt very outdated.
any particular reason wrt sunshine?

I didn't play mario 64 when it launched so I had no nostolgia for it once I did try it.  I'm sure it was a marvel in it's day but to me it was the same as all the other crud from that era,.. a "lessons learned" in how to not make a good 3D game. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

any particular reason wrt sunshine?

I didn't play mario 64 when it launched so I had no nostolgia for it once I did try it.  I'm sure it was a marvel in it's day but to me it was the same as all the other crud from that era,.. a "lessons learned" in how to not make a good 3D game.
Sunshine is an odd duck out.  

It's a less traditional with the FLUDD instead of usual Mario power ups.  

People complain about the camera and the controls, but I don't remember many issues.  (But then again it's been a long time since I played)

darkknightkryta

Just buy the cart.  At worst, you can flip it.