General Politics Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 08, 2017, 12:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

you know what i think....

This about sums it up:

I wish him all the love, empathy, and care that he has shown to his fellow humans.

the-pi-guy

Fun facts about Texas.  

Texas has their own energy grid to avoid federal regulations.  
Despite many warnings to winterize their stuff, they did not.  
Natural gas saw the most issues.

Yet Republicans are politicizing the event to blame the Green New Deal which never happens, wind turbines which are also used in Antarctica for freezing in cold weather. B

kitler53

Fun facts about Texas. 

Texas has their own energy grid to avoid federal regulations. 
Despite many warnings to winterize their stuff, they did not. 
Natural gas saw the most issues.

Yet Republicans are politicizing the event to blame the Green New Deal which never happens, wind turbines which are also used in Antarctica for freezing in cold weather. B
you should never expect a republican not to blatantly lie.

wind turbines and gas turbines are both run in Alaska and can function just fine when built for winter.   texas just simply built their entire energy infrastructure to drive prices down.  those price reductions came at not investing into appropriate precautions for events like this.  republicans won't pay for an ounce of prevention and they'll shift the blame for the pound of cure to democrats no matter how badly they have to lie.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

you should never expect a republican not to blatantly lie.

wind turbines and gas turbines are both run in Alaska and can function just fine when built for winter.   texas just simply built their entire energy infrastructure to drive prices down.  those price reductions came at not investing into appropriate precautions for events like this.  republicans won't pay for an ounce of prevention and they'll shift the blame for the pound of cure to democrats no matter how badly they have to lie.
I missed the not in that first sentence and thought we'd lost you to madness

the-pi-guy

It's immensely frustrating watching pretty common sense stuff become "radical left wing ideas".  

Someone on my facebook shared an article about how the fires might be changing how people are affected by Covid.  Apparently the idea that smoke inhalation might be bad for your immune system and how your body works, is radical.

the-pi-guy

So Kyle has been cleared of all charges.

kitler53

fudgy murderer.  

america is Soo iced up when a white guy murders a black guy and it called "self defence"

BananaKing

fudgy hell America. Two people gunned down with a machine gun and one injured and he is free? Wow.. just wow

the-pi-guy

fudgy murderer.  

america is Soo iced up when a white guy murders a black guy and it called "self defence"
This wasn't that case.  
He shot 3 white guys during the BLM protests.  
fudgy hell America. Two people gunned down with a machine gun and one injured and he is free? Wow.. just wow
Didn't even get charged for open carrying as a minor due to a technicality, that the law doesn't cover that length of gun.

the-pi-guy

The Arbery shooters are officially guilty of murder.

kitler53

I'm honestly surprised. 

the-pi-guy

A guy from Boulder Colorado, set himself on fire in front of the Supreme Court to protest climate change.

:(

the-pi-guy

Legend

Kazakhstan to start oil sales via Azeri pipeline to bypass Russia : worldnews
I know very little about Kazakhstan, but it has been interesting seeing their pushbacks against Russia. Russia's primary space launch facility is within Kazakhstan and they'd be screwed without it.

the-pi-guy

Student debt relief based on income.

Go Up