Vizioneck Halloween Gaming Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, Oct 15, 2014, 02:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Halloween Styled Gamez

Medievil (Original, Resurrection, my personal favourite)
1 (33.3%)
Resident Evil (Entire series)
0 (0%)
Silent Hill (Entire series)
0 (0%)
House of the Dead (Overkill especially, series)
0 (0%)
Jersey Devil
0 (0%)
Infamous Festival of Blood (seriously recommend this game, it takes place during a halloween party)
0 (0%)
Luigi's Mansion
0 (0%)
Maximo/Ghosts and Goblins (All of them)
0 (0%)
Castlevania (Everyone but the new ones)
0 (0%)
Costume Quest (Didn't get a chance to play it, but it takes place during Halloween).
0 (0%)
Fatal Frame
1 (33.3%)
Until Dawn (Recently Released)
1 (33.3%)
Evil Within
0 (0%)
Haunting Ground (Capcom published this apparently)
0 (0%)
Siren (Silent Hill/Gravity Rush creator made this series)
0 (0%)
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
0 (0%)
Left 4 Dead (Series)
0 (0%)
Pupeteer
0 (0%)
Dead Rising (Series)
0 (0%)
Lolipop Chainsaw
0 (0%)
Five Nights at Freddy's
0 (0%)
Bloodborne
0 (0%)
Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior
0 (0%)
Until Dawn
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Linked Events

Go Down

darkknightkryta

Is it surprising that she has a boyfriend?  ???
It'd be as surprising as Chris being married.  Still, poor boyfriend.  Jill was like, went missing, cryogenically frozen, and brainwashed.

darkknightkryta

So Hallween's early this year.  Since it's so dark, gloomy and rainy here.  I've gotten in a mood to play some Castlevania.  I think I might pick up the PS2 ones.

I'm also trying to finish up Medievil 2 (Which I got at Anime North) before the Medievil remake comes out.

kitler53

Oct 04, 2020, 10:50 PM Last Edit: Oct 04, 2020, 10:54 PM by kitler53
So Hallween's early this year.  Since it's so dark, gloomy and rainy here.  I've gotten in a mood to play some Castlevania.  I think I might pick up the PS2 ones.

I'm also trying to finish up Medievil 2 (Which I got at Anime North) before the Medievil remake comes out.
really realy, old thread but a great necro bump.

kind of feel like downloaded until dawn and until dawn rush of blood.  games i really intended to play but never have.  october seems like a great month to try them out.  i'm not sure how long they take but i imagine as far as games go they are pretty quick.   i've always intended to buy little nightmares too.  maybe this is the year to do it.  
This is filled with "Gouls n Ghosts" ;o (And more)

i boy,.. i really love redheads.  felicia day is dang sexy and this video was a great watch.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

really realy, old thread but a great necro bump.
Not really a necro-bump.

This thread is a staple during halloween season.

kitler53

Not really a necro-bump.

This thread is a staple during halloween season.
we'll whatever.  I downloaded both until dawn games.  happy Halloween to me. 

darkknightkryta

Yeah, I pin these threads after Thanksgiving here.  Which is next Monday.  I'm still moving along with RE2 on Dreamcast.  I still haven't even touched Claire's campaign.  I can then finally get the remake.  Still working on both Medievils.  Might try Until Dawn or something.  Got it on PS+ a while back.

kitler53

we'll whatever.  I downloaded both until dawn games.  happy Halloween to me.
so i played 1 level of until dawn rush of blood last night.   

1. they took the "on-rails" shooter quite literally but putting me onto a roller coaster cart.  it's amazing how exhilarating the simply act of riding in a cart can be while in VR.
2. it's been a long time since i played a rail shooter.  not my favorite genre but i do like it.   really a great genre for VR compared to non-VR.  
3. my controller tracking was god awful last night.  i had just played a couple levels of astro bot where controller tracking was also needed and worked flawlesly so i'm going to blame the game.  every time i tried to re-center the controller it centered with my aiming reticle pointed about 60 degrees to the left.  
4. i don't want to judge the game too harsh based on one level but it was mostly a shooting gallery (fire at inanimate objects with targets drawn on them) and just a few "clowns".   as far as core gameplay goes it's not that good.  i did like the part where i get to control 2 guns,.. that's a cool improvement over 2D rail shooters.

i'll play at least one more level but if i don't see improvement i don't see me finishing this game.

darkknightkryta

so i played 1 level of until dawn rush of blood last night.  

1. they took the "on-rails" shooter quite literally but putting me onto a roller coaster cart.  it's amazing how exhilarating the simply act of riding in a cart can be while in VR.
2. it's been a long time since i played a rail shooter.  not my favorite genre but i do like it.   really a great genre for VR compared to non-VR.  
3. my controller tracking was god awful last night.  i had just played a couple levels of astro bot where controller tracking was also needed and worked flawlesly so i'm going to blame the game.  every time i tried to re-center the controller it centered with my aiming reticle pointed about 60 degrees to the left.  
4. i don't want to judge the game too harsh based on one level but it was mostly a shooting gallery (fire at inanimate objects with targets drawn on them) and just a few "clowns".   as far as core gameplay goes it's not that good.  i did like the part where i get to control 2 guns,.. that's a cool improvement over 2D rail shooters.

i'll play at least one more level but if i don't see improvement i don't see me finishing this game.
How was the VR?  
I still have to play House of the Dead 3 and 4 on Move.  Same with the two Resident Evil light gun games.  

kitler53

How was the VR?  
I still have to play House of the Dead 3 and 4 on Move.  Same with the two Resident Evil light gun games.  
it was okay.  i haven't played those other games but there is a good chance they are better games.  

darkknightkryta

Pumpkin Jack is coming out this year.  I remember seeing it last year.  Looks like a take on Medievil.  Will look at it for sure when it's out.

kitler53

Pumpkin Jack is coming out this year.  I remember seeing it last year.  Looks like a take on Medievil.  Will look at it for sure when it's out.
looks good enough to scratch a halloween itch.  why isn't this coming to playstation?!?

darkknightkryta

looks good enough to scratch a halloween itch.  why isn't this coming to playstation?!?
Something about covid.  The porting team must have ran into issues.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

well i guess that means i buy it next year.  who'll want to play this over thanksgiving?!?

darkknightkryta

well i guess that means i buy it next year.  who'll want to play this over thanksgiving?!?
Yeah.  I wouldn't.  I downloaded the demo.  I haven't had a chance to try it.

Go Up