PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

I tried xbox cloud streaming a few weeks ago and the video quality really sucked. Still fun to play, but I cannot imagine it being worth more than a local install.
i'd mostly play locally.   

for me this is mostly for vacations.   so like when i find myself at my mother-in-laws for a week at xmas and currently i remote play my ps5 via my ipad.   it works but there is a lost of jank having the remote play app turn the ps5 on connect to it remotely and the further i get from home the worse it functions.   i've been successful doing this in the USA but my trips to europe input lag became unbearable and in Asia I can't even establish a stable enough connection to try.  I have to imagine direct streaming of ps5 games from sony's datacenters would give me a better experience in those location far from home.

the other use case is playing with my co-op buddy.   again,.. like any time i can i'd do a local installation for the games we're "playing".   but we've had times where maybe we've finished a game unexpectedly early or maybe he's having trouble with a game he's otherwise playing solo and just wants a bit of help.  happens more often then you'd think when your friends a trophy joker....    

anyways, sometimes i just want to jump into a game and can't because i'm stuck on the wrong side of an 1 hour download time.  would be sooo nice to just play the cloud version while i wait for the game to download.   i'm probably prone to this issue more than most because i'm splitting my harddrive so much:
- my GaaS games like multiversus and rocket league
- my evergreen games like rock band
- my solo game like GoW
- my co-op game for when i play with my coop buddy
- the games i'm playing with my son
- the games my son wants to play by himself
- ...and now my daughter is getting into gaming and has games she wants to play.

...point is i just don't have any Gb to spare to download a large backlog of "games i'll play next" anymore.  i find myself deleting and redownloading games a lot trying to manage my space.  would be a really good QoL improvement is sony could take over ownership of this song and dance.   auto delete the local files of games i haven't played in too long if space is limited,.. auto download any game i try to play, and while downloading auto play the cloud version with a graceful transition to the local version when its ready.   that's probably a "too good to be true" request but i'd upgrade to premium if it could do that in a heartbeat.   waaay more valuable then access to old games to me.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens