The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

what are the good VR games then because i haven't seen any.
Eve, Rigs, gholem, Pcars, Warthunder. Elite Dangerous, star citizen, Robison, GT sport, Edge of Nowhere, Rez, Lucky's tail and Adrift. No man's sky and Dreams are also rumored.

Thats a dang sold list for launch and year one. All these games are AAA or have AAA qualities.

the-pi-guy

Eve, Rigs, gholem, Pcars, Warthunder. Elite Dangerous, star citizen, Robison, GT sport, Edge of Nowhere, Rez, Lucky's tail and Adrift. No man's sky and Dreams are also rumored.

Thats a dang sold list for launch and year one. All these games are AAA or have AAA qualities.

There's a way to check SLI, but I guess there aren't any games yet that use it.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

There's a way to check SLI, but I guess there aren't any games yet that use it.  
How, I'm running the test in sli right now and it's not looking different.

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

How, I'm running the test in sli right now and it's not looking different.
You've set the software to do SLI?  

I believe what you do is:
right click
click properties
set launch options
type this in, including the "-"
-multigpu

kitler53

That isn't a launch year list,.. Rigs, golem, and gts, are psvr exclusive.  Edge of no where and luck's tale is OR exclusive.  Most of that shame isn't vr exclusive.  Most of that shame has no gameplay videos available.  

NotImpressed.jpeg

Mmm_fish_tacos

You've set the software to do SLI?  

I believe what you do is:
right click
click properties
set launch options
type this in, including the "-"
-multigpu
Well if it worked I actually got a worst score of 6.7, instead of 7.2.

That isn't a launch year list,.. Rigs, golem, and gts, are psvr exclusive.  Edge of no where and luck's tale is OR exclusive.  Most of that shame isn't vr exclusive.  Most of that shame has no gameplay videos available.  

NotImpressed.jpeg
I wouldn't count anything on PC as exclusive to one headset or another. Doesn't have to be VR exclusive. It fundamentally changes the way the game is played. Im my case I already have 3 or 4 vr games on my computer, just waiting for the headset.

I was talking about vr in general, so I listed every vr game I thought looked good.

Other besides Robison, what game doesn't have a game play demo?

Legend

NotImpressed.jpeg
Palmer said in an AMA that their games aren't OR exclusive. It's just that only OR is officially supported.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'm about over SLI, The only thing that's great about it is it looks good in your rig.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

The VR-PC Game thread - NeoGAF

I did not find a thread for VR games that are/will be available on PC (or have planned VR support), so I decided to make one.
 I added games that feel like real games and not just some techdemos/smaller indie games.
  • Rockband VR - Oculus/Harmonix
    //

• Eagle Flight - Ubisoft
    //

• Technolust - Irisvirtualreality
    //

If anyone knows more promising games, feel free to post here. And some of the games in the list I posted announced having VR Support in the future, but I am not sure whether some devs gave up on that or not.

the-pi-guy

VR Games List: The Non-Definitive Edition - NeoGAF

UPDATED: 2016-02-01VR Games List (Google Docs Link) Thread started with: 293 games Currently listed games: 403 Hello GAF. I've spent some of my time building this list, for a better view of what we might have. Currently, there are 293 games in this list. Removing the rumored ones, there are 277 games, which still is amazing. Answering some questions about it.Why there is so much UNKNOWN and almost no games for HTC Vive? I don't have the time, neither the patience, to search about every game and look extensively for their sources to confirm if it was going to release. So, that's why there is a lot of UNKNOWN and HTC Vive hasn't much games listed by me. So, I need your help to improve this list.How can we help building an informative list for all? You can post what is wrong about the list in the comments, giving your source of information, of course, so it's easier to check. But, I'll read the comments in my pace, so, if you have 100% sure of your source, or want to help updating this list, send me a PM with the subject "VR Games List". It will be of a great help and again, easier to spot.Can I have access to filter the games list? You don't need to. Just see at the top left, which has an icon for filter, click in it and select "Create as a temporary filter view", so you could filter by devices labels or sort the content./ ------------------------------------- This spreadsheet has 3 layers/tabs: VR Games List, VR Devices Comparison and Sources.(Look at the bottom of spreadsheet)VR Games List Is just the games list with the status I've planned for it, simplified. I've not put cancelled or abandoned games for obvious reasons.YES = Planned, confirmed, available;NO = Confirmed that it won't be at this specific device;EXCLUSIVE = Exclusive to this specific device;TIMED EXCLUSIVE = Will come to others devices some day;UNKNOWN = Neither confirmed or declined to be available some day to this device;RUMOR = Demos that might become games, games rumored to support, or games rumored to be released;VR Devices Comparison It shows the total of VR games, as also the total of games for each label(YES, NO, etc...) and for each device. The devices sum of games are calculated by: YES + EXCLUSIVE + TIMED EXCLUSIVE. It's automatic and should never include NO, UNKNOWN and RUMOR, for obvious reasons.Sources This are the sources I've used as a base to create this list. As you give me your sources, I'll also add here, for a better view.Wikipedia: List of games with Oculus Rift supportWikipedia: PlayStation VRNeoGAF: Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming TitlesNeoGAF: The VR-PC Game threadWeareable: Best Samsung Gear VR apps: The games, demos and experiences to download firstGizmag: The best Gear VR games and apps in the Oculus StoreNeoGAF: Samsung Gear VR : Consumer Edition |OT| Goodbye, real world.Steam: HTC Vive Compatible GamesSteam: Comprehensive VR Game/ Demo/ Software ListRoadToVR: HTC VIVE COMPATIBLE GAMESVRfocus: HTC Vive ArchiveVRfocus: OVER 200 DEVS ARE WORKING WITH PLAYSTATION VR, HERE'S OVER 60Enter The Rift: Taipei Games Show 2016: 3 nouvelles expériences pour le PS VR annoncées ----------------------------Future updates - 2016-01-14: Games list updated (Source1, Source2); - 2016-01-14: Gear VR and some games for it (Source1, Source2, Source3); - 2016-01-14: Games list updated: Adding some HTC Vive games (Source 1, Source 2); - 2016-01-15: Games list updated: Adding more HTC Vive games (Source 1) - 2016-01-17: Games list updated (Source 1) - 2016-01-20: Games list updated (Source 1) - 2016-02-02: Games list updated (Source 1)

Dr. Pezus

NotImpressed.jpeg
You asked for good VR games, not just vive

kitler53

You asked for good VR games, not just vive
i asked for the reasons as to why i would spend $600 or $800 on a vr device.  you gave me a list that costs (at least) $900 or $1100 assuming i already have a ps4 and high end pc.   and lol at good,.. a lot of those "good" games look quite shaming to me.  there are very few reasons imo to be motivated to invest in this technology.  all i see is hype and promises and i'm grown very skeptical of promises after that last few broken ones (wii/kinect/move).

the-pi-guy

i asked for the reasons as to why i would spend $600 or $800 on a vr device.  you gave me a list that costs (at least) $900 or $1100 assuming i already have a ps4 and high end pc.   and lol at good,.. a lot of those "good" games look quite shaming to me.  there are very few reasons imo to be motivated to invest in this technology.  all i see is hype and promises and i'm grown very skeptical of promises after that last few broken ones (wii/kinect/move).
Honestly I think PSVR will cost 399$ max.  
There are similar headsets for 299$.  

Besides that, Euro Truck Simulator 2, that's AAAA for sure.  

The group hyping it, is very different from the group that hyped up the Wii.

I'd try out a headset if you can find one.  I got to try out GearVR.  Very very cool.  

Go Up