Are there game genres that you've never played?

Started by Legend, May 25, 2020, 05:08 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

SOMA was my first horror game and I'm a 26 year old game developer. Played it just a few days ago and found it extremely scary at times even though I guess it's not as bad as others.

I have not played Silent Hill. I have not played Resident Evil. I have not played Outlast. I have not played Amnesia. I have not played Alan Wake. I have not played The Evil Within.

Legend

I guess I've also never played a modern card game. I don't really see them as my type of thing.

Xevross

I guess horror for me too. I tried playing Outlast for about 20 minutes and it was a horrible experience, idk how people can enjoy those games. I won't touch RE2 Remake or any other games like that even if the horror isn't that bad, I just hate it.

Even TLOU wasn't a fun experience for me, I was drawn to keep playing it by the story but when it was done I was kind of glad it was over and I didn't have to face any more infected. And I haven't ever replayed it kind of for that reason. I'm also kind of dreading TLOU2 for the same reason, I might have to play some chill music while I'm playing at some points ;D

the-pi-guy

I've surprisingly played Dead Space.  Horror games were never a thing I'd play.  
But, I decided to try it and it was pretty great actually.  I don't like the idea of Horror games, but otherwise it was fun.  

Dr. Pezus

Dead space was too scary for me lol. I've played a few though, like Until Dawn and TLOU