First PS4 Exclusive JRPG Omega Quintet Officially Announced, Coming in September

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 12:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

"The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu is already in the hands of the first Japanese readers, and in its pages include the official announcement of *?*Quintet (Omega Quintet). The title will be a fantasy "Idol RPG" and will be released by Compile Heart under the Galapagos brand on September 18th (in Japan of course) exclusively for PS4."

More here, including a scan of the magazine: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/07/first-ps4-exclusive-jrpg-omega-quintet-officially-announced-coming-in-september/

7H3

Will this be released in other regions? And more importantly will it save the PS4 in Japan?
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

Interesting.

Also I removed the image since it's a magazine scan.

7H3

Interesting.

magazine scans not okay

Legend

magazine scans not okay

People pay for their content so yeah not ok to directly post them. Posting to a site that has them is fine.

Dr. Pezus

Interesting.

What is this, NazinEck?
Don't ban me

Legend

What is this, NazinEck?
Don't ban me

Under the forum rules, you're ok with that post.

Unless some one comes in and takes offense by it.

7H3

What is a nazi neck?

Dr. Pezus

What is a nazi neck?

Something I just invented. Actually, it's a throwback to the ban before my permaban

7H3

Something I just invented. Actually, it's a throwback to the ban before my permaban

I knew what you were referencing :-p i was making fun of the hodge podge you created between the site name and nazi

darkknightkryta

Looks like Compile Hearts isn't waiting around like last gen.

Raven

I wonder if the Japanese developers that normally stick with releasing only in Japan will be more tempted to localize their PS4 games since Japan is less and less interested while the West seems to be gobbling it up.

7H3

I wonder if the Japanese developers that normally stick with releasing only in Japan will be more tempted to localize their PS4 games since Japan is less and less interested while the West seems to be gobbling it up.

I'm sure they'd be surprised how much more money they made even after the localization costs, but I could be wrong...

Raven

I'm sure they'd be surprised how much more money they made even after the localization costs, but I could be wrong...

It still baffles me how out of touch so many of them are with the Western market. They're so convinced that we only like dudebro shooters and sports games. Then a game like Bravely Default comes along and they're shocked at how well it does.

7H3

It still baffles me how out of touch so many of them are with the Western market. They're so convinced that we only like dudebro shooters and sports games. Then a game like Bravely Default comes along and they're shocked at how well it does.

I think its hard to gauge tho... I mean there seems to be a large portion of westerners that love eastern multimedia (anime, manga, wushu, and games) but is it a vocal minority? I dunno I do have a japanese PSN that I need to put on my ps4 so I can access the japanese store...